Lending is also known as Margin Funding on Bitfinex. Through Lending, users with Intermediate verification* level and above can provide funds through the P2P (Peer To Peer) funding platform for traders to use in Margin Trading and earn interest that is generated. If you are not a trader and prefer safer investments, this feature is for you.
- Margin Trading, Margin Funding, Bitfinex Borrow, and Lending Pro requires at least Intermediate level verification for all Bitfinex accounts created after March 1, 2022.
Only Bitfinex accounts created before March 1st, 2022 will be able to access these features with Basic Plus verification.
How to earn with Lending on Lite Mode
1. In order to start Lending, you will first need to have funds on your Bitfinex account. You can do so by depositing funds directly into your wallet.
For more information, please see our guide How to make a deposit or buy crypto using the Bitfinex Mobile App.
2. Make sure your funds are in your Lending wallet.
For more information on how to transfer funds, see “How to transfer funds between wallets” section below.
3. Go to the Earn tab and select Lend.
4. Here you will see the terms that are available and the estimated annual interest for providing the loan.
The Term is the duration that you wish to lend out your funds for. The pre-set terms offered on Lite mode are 2 days, 10 days, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, and 120 days.
5. Choose the interest and terms that you prefer and select Lend.
6. Next you will need to enter the amount you wish to lend out. You can also select the pre-set values of 25%, 50% or 100% to allocate the percentage of your current balance.
Important: The minimum amount is $150 or the equivalent in other currencies. Any amount lower than this will receive an error message.
7. Review the details and confirm to lend out your funds.
Note: You can also customize your lending in the Pro mode of the mobile app by navigating to Account to toggle between the two modes.
Lending under the lite mode is a simplified version of peer-to-peer lending.
How to manage Lending on Lite Mode
1. You will be able to see a summary of your lending information in the dashboard at the top of the Lend tab.
2. For more details, select Provided. Here, you will be able to see the amount you have lent out, the rate at which interest will be calculated, and when the funds will be returned to you.
3. Select on individual lending orders to see the details of the specific order of lent out funds.
- Once provided, Lending orders cannot be taken back before the time expires. However, the taker of funds can return the funds to you at any time before the lending period ends.
- The fee rate for Lending offers is 15%; for hidden offers, the fee is 18%. For details, please view our Fees page and our guide Margin Funding interest on Bitfinex.
How to transfer funds between wallets
In order to successfully lend out your funds, you will need to hold these funds on your Lending wallet. Transfer between Exchange and Lending wallet is easy and free.
1. Firstly, go to the Wallets tab.
2. Click on any balance in your wallet and select the transfer option.
3. That’s it! Your funds should now be in your Lending wallet and you can start Lending.
Note: Only currencies supported in Lending will have the option of being deposited to your Lending wallet.
If you have any questions regarding Margin Funding, please feel free to reach out to Bitfinex Support.