On Bitfinex, you can only have one position opened per pair at a time. Every time an order is made on margin, if the position is not closed, the base price is adjusted to reflect the profit/loss partially realized by the new order. This is why the base price does not necessarily represent one trade price; rather, it represents the average price of the previous orders of this position. It is an approximation of the position’s breakeven price.
Articles in this section
- Trading on Bitfinex
- Intro to Margin Trading
- Bitfinex Order Types
- How do I close an open position?
- The Bitfinex Chart
- Order Book Terms
- How do I open a Margin position?
- What interest rate is charged on margin positions?
- What does it mean to "claim" my position?
- What is your Margin Call Policy? What is the minimum maintenance margin required?