Funding that is no longer being provided will be returned to your Funding wallet and appear as an Available balance.
Available balance refers to a balance that is not locked in a position or is being taken.
If you have the Auto-renew, renew Funding, or Lending Pro enabled, returned funding will automatically be created into Funding offers and appear in your Bids & Offers widget before being matched with a funding bid.
- Margin Trading, Margin Funding, Bitfinex Borrow, and Lending Pro requires at least Intermediate level verification for all Bitfinex accounts created after March 1, 2022.
Only Bitfinex accounts created before March 1st, 2022 will be able to access these features with Basic Plus verification.
— What are the main reasons why my margin funding can be returned?
- The funding period you specified has expired, and your funding has been returned to you by the system. All provided funding will have on display the time (in days, hours, and minutes) until when the funding Expires;
- The funding taker (borrower) has manually closed a trade position or reduced his position, and relevant funds are returned;
- The funding taker (borrower) has his position liquidated, and your funds are returned by the system;
- The funding taker (borrower) has returned your funding without using it.
— Can Funding be manipulated?
To dissuade manipulative funding behaviour and ensure fair platform use for all, Bitfinex will charge a minimum of one hour of interest to the borrower on any funding that is borrowed and manually returned. After one hour, interest will be accumulated in one-second increments. For details, please view the Fees page.
Note: The funding provider will receive the full hour earnings minus a 15% fee.
If you have any inquiries, please feel free to contact Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!