— How do I create an Ad?
If you are not familiar with how to create an Ad, we recommend you start with the article How to create an Advertisement (Ad) on the P2P Market Place.
— How to manage my Ads?
To edit Ads and view Ad history, click the Ads tab on the navigation bar. This will redirect you to the Ad Management Page.
The Ad Management Page has 3 sections:
- Live Ads: A P2P Ad is said to be live when it’s visible in the Live tab of the Ad Management Page. These Ads can be toggled on/off with a simple click of button. When toggled on, the Ad is visible publicly to any other member of the P2P Market Place. When toggled off, the Ad becomes hidden from public view, and cannot be accessed or interacted with by other P2P Market Place participants, even those that know the Ad’s url and try to access it directly. Nevertheless, the Ad owner can still edit it.
- Blocked Ads: The Bitfinex Support team can block an Ad. An Ad that is blocked this way, is no longer editable by its owner and is hidden from public view.
- Deleted Ads: Some Ads no longer serve a purpose. If the Ad owner has no plans to make it Live again, there’s little incentive to keep it Hidden in the Live section. In these cases the owner of the Ad can delete it. Deleting an Ad moves it to this section. Ads in this section are not editable and are hidden from public view.
Actions on an Ad are made available to the user by clicking the 3-dots menu on the selected Ad.
— What actions can I perform on an Ad?
- Hide/Show: Use the toggle button in the Ad row to Hide/Show the Ad as mentioned above.
- View: See how the Ad looks to Takers exploring the P2P Market Place.
- Edit: Change the parameters of the Ad. This will trigger the appearance of the same flow required to create the Ad, see the article How to create an Advertisement (Ad) on the P2P Market Place for details.
- Duplicate: Create an exact copy of the Ad. Copies created this way appear Hidden by default.
- Delete: Move this Ad to the Deleted section as mentioned above.
- View: See how the Ad would look to Takers exploring the marketplace if it were made “live”.
- View: See how this Ad would look to Takers exploring the marketplace.
- Duplicate: Create an exact copy of the Ad. Copies created this way will be shown in the Live tab, but Hidden by default.
— What limitations are there to editing Ads?
There are situations when Ad actions become disabled, for example: you cannot edit or delete an Ad which has pending Orders. There are also other situations, such as P2P Market Place quality assurance, which can trigger this, for example, the exchange wallet balance falling below the advertised Ad availability.
Another example is deleted Ads; if the Payment Method that is referenced on a deleted Ad is itself deleted, then the Ad cannot be recovered and all actions are blocked. Ads where this happens are clearly identified looking at the Pay With field.
If you have any inquiries, please feel free to reach out to Bitfinex Support.