You can open a margin position by going to the Margin Trade tab and placing your desired order. If you have not already reserved funding the system will automatically acquire funding for you at the best current available rate. Alternatively, you can reserve funding at any time and then use it when you decide to open a margin position. Open the Margin Funding tab for more information.
Articles in this section
- Can US Residents Trade on Margin?
- How is precision calculated using Significant Digits
- What types of orders does Bitfinex offer?
- How do I open a Margin position?
- What interest rate is charged on margin positions?
- What does it mean to "claim" my position?
- I have money in my wallet but the system won't let me open a position, it says "NO RESERVE"?
- What's your Margin Call Policy? What is the minimum maintenance margin required?
- What happens to my margin position when the underlying funds are no longer available?
- What is a settlement?