This Competition Description is meant to be read in conjunction with the General Rules for Competitions on Bitfinex.com.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
This Competition is only available to users who are at least 18 years of age and are not a Prohibited Person as defined in the Bitfinex Terms of Service. The General Rules for Competitions and this Competition Description will govern in the case there is any discrepancy in any social media posts or any other description of this Competition.
Name of the Campaign: “Guess the Altcoin” (the “Competition”)
Prohibited Use: Entries from participants owned or controlled by the same person are not allowed. Double entries will be disqualified.
Description of the Competition: The Competition will take place on the Official Bitfinex X account (https://twitter.com/bitfinex); you can always identify the official account by URL or checking the official channel links on the footer of the http://bitfinex.com website.
Please note: Bitfinex or any of the official Bitfinex team will never contact you on any social media to ask for personal account information or share any files with you.
The Competition will use a cryptic message, a quiz or a riddle (the “Message”) about any listed altcoin selected by the Bitfinex team and ask community members to guess the name of the altcoin on Twitter.
Example of the Message for the Competition:
Can you name the novel consensus protocol that combines the best Nakamoto consensus and Byzantine fault tolerance (BFT) used in a certain highly scalable blockchain platform? (AVAX)
.-- .... .- - / -.-. .-. -.-- .--. - --- -.-. ..- .-. .-. . -. -.-. -.-- / .. ... / .- ... ... --- -.-. .. .- - . -.. / .-- .. - .... / .- / ... -. --- .-- -... .- .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.. / ... - .- .-. - ... / .-- .. - .... / .- ..--..
Translation from Morse code: What cryptocurrency is associated with a snowball and starts with A? (AVAX)
The Competition will last from November 16th, 2023 till November 30th, 2023. During the Competition Period, Bitfinex will publish a post on our official profile on X.com, detailing the terms of the Competition. THE POST CAN BE FOUND HERE.
Throughout the Competition, the link on X describing the Competition, and the Google Form link to provide personal details relevant to the Competition, with a consent form, will be pinned on both the official Bitfinex community channels, Discord and Telegram.
To join the Competition, you'll need to have a verified Bitfinex account at a Basic Plus level or higher. You can sign up to Bitfinex here: https://www.bitfinex.com/sign-up
How to participate:
- Each Participant needs to be aware of the rules of this Competition. Breaching the rules of the Competition may result in your account being blacklisted from participating in further competitions. Please read all the rules completely before joining the Competition.
- Each Participant will have to follow the official Bitfinex account on X.com
- Each Participant will try to solve the Clue and guess the altcoin correctly.
- Each Participant must fill out their consent to participate in the competition in the GOOGLE CONSENT FORM, and provide the correct answer in the same form.
- Each Participant is only allowed to participate once. Duplicated entries will be disqualified.
- You are only eligible to participate in the Competition if you fill out the Google Form
Eligibility to Receive Prize:
- Complete Basic Plus Verification or above before November 30th 2023
- Must not have been found to have previously attempted to inappropriately participate in a Bitfinex competition.
Prize Pool: Value equivalent to 50 USD PER WINNER of the token selected for the campaign
Prize Distribution Date: On or Before December 10th, 2023
Number of Winners: 5 WINNERS IN TOTAL PER TOKEN POSTED (3 TOKENS TOTAL) will be selected by the following criteria:
1. The first 5 responses received (Timestamp when replying the form)
2. Accuracy (Only correct answers will be considered)
Disclaimer: Bitfinex reserves the right to make changes without prior notice. Keep up to date by referring to this Competition Description.
Accordingly, capitalised terms used, but not defined in this Competition Description, have the meanings set out in the General Rules for Competitions: https://www.bitfinex.com/legal/general/competitions-terms