Name of the Competition: “Bitfinex Christmas Competition 2023” (the “Competition”)
This Competition Description is meant to be read in conjunction with the General Rules for Competitions on Bitfinex.com.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
This Competition is only available to users who are at least 18 years of age and are not a Prohibited Person as defined in the Bitfinex Terms of Service. The General Rules for Competitions and this Competition Description will govern in the event of any discrepancy in social media posts or any other description of this Competition.
Prohibited Use: Entries from participants owned or controlled by the same person are not allowed. Double entries will be disqualified.
Description of the Competition: The Competition will take place on the Official Bitfinex X account (formerly known as Twitter) (https://x.com/bitfinex) and it will be also announced on our non-English social media channels. You can always identify the official Bitfinex socials via our Help Center or by consulting the Bitfinex Social Media channels page here. Links to our social media channels can also be found in the footer of the http://bitfinex.com website.
Please note: Bitfinex or any of the official Bitfinex team will never contact you on any social media to ask for personal account information or share any files with you.
The Competition is open to all Eligible Participants (the “Participants”). The competition will take place from the 20th at 00:00 UTC to the 23rd of December 2023 at 23:59 UTC.
All Participants, during the stipulated period above, have one attempt to guess the maximum price that Bitcoin will reach in USD on the Bitfinex Exchange on 25 December between 00:00 UTC and 23:59 UTC.
Only participants who consent to be included in the Competition, and who submit their answers via this Google form, will be eligible for the Competition
To join the Competition, Participants will need to have a verified Bitfinex account at a Basic Plus level, or above. You can sign up to Bitfinex at https://www.bitfinex.com/sign-up
Competition process for participants:
The process for selecting and including Participants in the competition remains at the discretion of Bitfinex and the final selection of the winning Participants and any decision to include or exclude certain Participants is solely at the discretion of Bitfinex.
1. Eligibility Threshold:
- Submit your answers and consent in this Google Consent Form
- Have a BASIC+ account on Bitfinex
- Participants must adhere to all criteria during the competition.
- Any manipulation or deviation from the competition criteria may lead to disqualification.
- Duplicate entries are not permitted and will be disqualified
- Participants with the same guess will be awarded according to the timestamp (first served)
- For any clarifications, Participants should reach out to our team on the official Bitfinex Support channel HERE
- In case of any dispute, Bitfinex’s decision will be final and binding.
3. Prizing Pool and Distribution
The total prize pool for this competition will be 3,000,000 sats (3 million sats)
1st Place: 500,000 Sats
2nd Place: 400,000 Sats
3rd Place: 350,000 Sats
4th Place: 250,000 Sats
5th Place: 200,000 Sats
6th to 10th Place: 100,000 Sats each
11th to 20th Place: 80,000 Sats each
4. Results Announcement:
For security reasons, Bitfinex will never publicize personal data in any winner announcements, however except where prohibited by law,
How to participate:
- Submit your answers and consent in this Google Consent Form.
- Each Participant can register only once. Duplicate entries, or attempts to generate fake usernames will be immediately disqualified.
Disclaimer: Bitfinex reserves the right to make changes without prior notice. Keep up to date by referring to this Competition Description and the General Rules for Competitions on Bitfinex.com
Accordingly, capitalised terms used, but not defined in this Competition Description, have the meanings set out in the General Rules for Competitions: https://www.bitfinex.com/legal/general/competitions-terms