How to deposit EOS to Bitfinex
Note: Deposits to Bitfinex for EOS and EOS based tokens (EOS, ADD, ATD, IQX, MTO, etc.) require both a deposit address and a deposit memo.
A memo is a unique message assigned to each EOS based account and used to identify the recipient in a transaction.
- To make an EOS deposit, firstly log in to your Bitfinex account.
- Then, go to the EOS deposit page.
- You will be directed to a reminder page that warns you about the importance of including both your EOS deposit address and a deposit memo for the deposit to be credited to your account successfully.
You will need to confirm your understanding to proceed to the deposit information.
- The Bitfinex EOS deposit address can be found at the top, and you can press on Click to generate address to get your own memo specific to your Bitfinex account.
Note: The deposit address and memo should both be copied with no additional or missing symbols/spaces.
- With your deposit address and deposit memo, you can now create a transaction to deposit EOS to Bitfinex.
Important: If you do not include the proper memo or do not have a memo in your deposit, you will be charged a fee for the token recovery. Only users verified to the intermediate level or above are eligible for the recovery process.
How to withdraw EOS from Bitfinex
Depending on where you are withdrawing your EOS, sometimes a memo may not be needed.
1. If you are withdrawing EOS from Bitfinex to a third party, be sure to confirm with the receiving party if all funds are sent to the same address and if you need to provide a memo making the transaction.
2. If a memo is needed for the transaction, copy and paste it into the memo field on your Bitfinex EOS withdrawal page.
Important: If no memo is provided and you are sure that none is needed, you can select the No Memo in the checkbox.
3. Then, select the wallet the funds will be taken from.
4. And, finally, click on Request Withdrawal.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Bitfinex Support. We will be happy to help!