The Bitfinex derivatives wallet is a wallet you use when trading in the derivatives market.
Important: In order to trade with derivatives, you will need to hold either Tether USDt tokens or Bitcoin in your derivatives wallet.
There are two ways that you can move your Bitcoin and/or Tether USDt tokens from your margin, exchange and/or funding wallets to your derivatives wallet:
1. Go to your Wallets page.
2. Find the Quick Transfer tool available at the top.
Note: Quick Transfer allows you to transfer funds from one of your wallets to another.
3. Choose the Amount, the Currency (either BTC or USDt) and the From wallet that holds the funds you wish to transfer out of, and then select Derivatives as the To wallet.
4. Click on Transfer, and now your funds will appear in your derivatives wallet, available for trading!
The balances widget can be found on your main trading page and displays all your account balances.
1. To move funds to your derivatives wallet, tap on USDt (or BTC).
2. Now, you will see multiple options available, and to proceed, you should select Transfer USDt (or BTC).
3. Select the wallet that holds your USDt (or BTC) funds and from which you would like to transfer funds. In this example, it is the exchange wallet.
Then select the destination wallet that your funds will be going to — derivatives.
4. Finally, you will need to confirm the amount, then click Transfer to complete the move.
5. Great! Your funds will now appear in your derivatives wallet, available for trading.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at Bitfinex Support.