Bitfinex Securities is a platform that allows companies to raise capital and list their tokenised offerings for sale to Bitfinex Securities members.
Important: Bitfinex Securities is only available to Full verified master account holders from non-prohibited jurisdictions. You can learn more about the verification at Bitfinex in our article Verification levels at Bitfinex
After you've completed the additional securities verification process, proceed to the Sub-Accounts area in order to create a Bitfinex Securities Member or Issuer account and access the securities order form.
1. Firstly, you need to sign up / log in to your Bitfinex account and navigate to the Securities section in the Tickers widget.
2. In the Securities trading section, you will be able to see current securities pairs’ prices in the Tickers section and place orders. To do so, press the Apply Now button in the Order Form and go through the verification.
Note: To create an order, you must first apply for additional Bitfinex Securities verification.
The Bitfinex Securities trading verification includes:
- filling out a Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA);
- filling out a Common Reporting Standard (CRS);
- signing a declaration in addition to documents like passports and proof-of-address documents.
Note: You can expect the outcome of your application through email.
3. Upon the approval of the Bitfinex Securities Trading Verification, you are then able to create a Bitfinex Securities account on the Bitfinex Securities trading page. To proceed, press the Create Account button.
4. Then, you will be redirected to the Account Settings page where you can fill out your preferred login information.
To become a Securities trading Member, your Bitfinex master account needs to be verified to Full verification level and you need to open a dedicated Bitfinex Securities trading account that shares the Full verification level of the master account.
You will also need to have verification from one of our regulators depending in which jurisdiction you want to participate:
- Astana Financial Services Authority (AFSA) in Kazakhstan
- El Salvador (Offerings coming soon)
You can start your Securities verification process here.
Securities accounts cannot be unlinked from the master account, therefore if you deactivate the Master account, your Securities account will be deactivated as well and you will lose all account information. For more information, please refer to our guide: How to deactivate a Bitfinex account.
Note: This service is not available to any U.S. Persons or Prohibited Persons — see more information here.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Bitfinex Support.