What is a price alert on Bitfinex
A price alert informs you of market activity by notifying you when a particular buy or sell price is reached. You can receive a notification in your browser, desktop, and/or mobile device.
Note: You can customise your notifications using the Bitfinex notifications setting.
How to set a price alert on Bitfinex
1. Navigate to the Order Book of the trading pair and click on the bell next to the displayed price;
Note: The bell will appear when you hover over the slide edges of the price row you are interested in.
2. Or you can click on the bell icon at the top right-hand corner of the order book.
A Pop-up page will appear where you can:
- choose the audio tone,
- change the trading pair,
- enter price alerts.
Note: You can also delete price alerts from previously created alerts from this page.
How to set a price alert using the Bitfinex Mobile App
1. Firstly, log in to your Bitfinex Mobile App.
Note: You may find instructions on creating and logging in to the Bitfinex Mobile Application here.
2. Choose the order pair you would like to create the price alert for on the ticker.
3. Then, after selecting whether to sell or buy, click on the bell icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
4. Finally, on the Price Alert page, enter the Price and click on the Place price alert button. After that, you will see your request appear under the Alerts section.
Important: You can choose not to relieve an alert by clicking X next to it.
You can learn more about how to customise your notifications on your mobile application in our article Setting up the Bitfinex Mobile App notifications.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!