In order to access the Bitfinex Pay features, you will need to create a Merchant account on Bitfinex. This will allow you to add a Bitfinex Pay widget onto your website or store and to receive payments directly into your Bitfinex account.
How to create a Merchant account
1. First thing to do is to log in to your Bitfinex account, or create an account on Bitfinex.
2. Next, you will need to verify your account as a Merchant. To do so, you will need to go to the Verification page.
3. Select Intermediate verification level (it can be either an Individual or Corporate account, depending on the nature of your business) and complete the relevant fields. For more information on getting verified, please see the articles here:
4. Once your account is verified to Intermediate level, the next step is to apply for Merchant Verification. You will need to go to the Verification page and select the Merchant - Bitfinex Pay option.
5. Provide the required merchant details.
6. Once your account is verified as a Merchant account, you will need to create a Merchant sub-account, please visit the Sub-Account page to do so.
For more information on sub-accounts, please read Bitfinex master and sub-accounts.
- This created sub-account will be the one which will be connected to your website and where your customers will be sending their funds.
- Only one Merchant sub-account can be created per Master Account. If you need more sub-accounts, please reach out to email@example.com.
Now your Bitfinex Merchant account has been created, the next step is to enable your account for Bitfinex Pay purposes.
How to get your Merchant account ready for Bitfinex Pay
The first thing you will want to do is to be able to accept payments. Therefore, deposit addresses will need to be created, these deposit addresses will be the destination address for where funds will be sent to by your customers.
Enable deposit addresses
- Go to your Deposit page or enter the Bitfinex Pay Merchant Dashboard.
- Select the currencies you wish to enable deposits for, these will be the currencies you are enabling for your customers to pay with.
Note: Merchants automatically have access to all Bitfinex Pay supported currencies by default, however deposit addresses need to be enabled for deposits from customers to be credited.
- Click on Generate Address to create an address.
- If you are enabling these addresses manually via the Deposit page, please make sure you are enabling the Exchange wallet address.
- For USDt, you will also need to select the network protocol (either Ethereum, Liquid or Tron).
- Lightning BTC will require an address, be sure to select the minimum amount required when generating one.
Once you have enabled your deposit addresses, you will also need to enable your API keys and certain permissions in order to connect Bitfinex Pay to Wordpress through which you will be configuring your Bitfinex Pay settings.
Create API Keys
- On your sub-account, go to the API page and select Create New Key.
- Enable Edit account information and Create and cancel orders permissions settings to ON.
- Enter a name for your API key, then click on Generate API Key, enter 2FA and confirm via email.
- Once your API Key has been generated, keep it in a safe place.
The last thing you will need to do is to add the Bitfinex widget to your checkout page.
Add the Bitfinex Pay widget
1. Add the following snippet code to your checkout page:
<a href="https://pay.bitfinex.com/gateway/order/[your_order_id]" target="blank">
2. Include the Order ID for each purchase.
Note: You can choose between a dark or a light theme for the Bitfinex Pay button.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!