What is the Merchant Dashboard
The Bitfinex Pay Merchant Dashboard is an internal tool designed to provide our Merchants with powerful reports and features to manage their Merchant crypto gateway.
Note: The Merchant Dashboard is currently only optimized for the desktop browser. Mobile optimization will be provided in a future release.
Contents in this article include:
- How to access the Merchant Dashboard
- Accessing from the Bitfinex Pay page
- Accessing from the URL
- Understanding the Merchant Dashboard Features
- Auto-Convert Feature
- Mark as Completed
- Mark as Expired
- Copy Link
- Generate QR
- How to manually generate an invoice on the Bitfinex Pay Merchant Dashboard
- How to check invoice details on the Bitfinex Pay Merchant Dashboard
How to access the Merchant Dashboard
To access the Merchant Dashboard, you will firstly need to be verified as a Bitfinex Merchant. For more information on how to do so, please refer to our guide How to create a Bitfinex Pay Merchant Account.
Once you are a Bitfinex Merchant, you will find the following two ways to access the Merchant Dashboard.
Accessing from the Bitfinex Pay page
1. Log in to your Bitfinex Merchant sub-account;
2. Go to the Bitfinex Pay page;
3. Click on the Merchant Dashboard button on the top right hand side.
Accessing from the URL
1. Log in to your Bitfinex Merchant account;
2. Access via any of the Merchant Dashboard links: https://pay.bitfinex.com/dashboard
Note: The Bitfinex Dashboard can only be accessed with a valid Merchant sub-account. If you do not have a Merchant sub-account yet or need help setting it up, please visit our guide How to create a Bitfinex Pay Merchant Account.
Understanding the Merchant Dashboard Features
Upon accessing the Merchant Dashboard, you will find the available features on the left hand side of the page: Dashboard, Wallets, Invoices, Reports.
This is the main page of Dashboard and allows you to see quick metrics and stay up to date with Bitfinex Pay. It consists of two sections:
1. Metrics Dashboard: This graph shows useful information regarding Gross Volume in USD, number of Successful Payments and Expired Payments in different timeframes. Detailed information will be displayed when hovering over any of the data points.
2. Latest News: A news section where all the Bitfinex Pay related blogs, articles, tutorials, changelogs, feedback surveys and contests are published. This section shows the newest four articles, you can click on See More to view previous content.
This section shows the wallets of all Bitfinex Pay compatible tokens.
- Approximated Equivalent USD Balance: This is the total aggregated estimated balance in USD and is shown in the top right, it is the sum of all balances converted to USD.
Note: Please keep in mind this amount is estimated and may not be 100% accurate.
- Withdraw: The button to withdraw will take you to the Bitfinex main platform to securely complete your withdrawal: https://movement.bitfinex.com/withdraw.
For more information about withdrawals, please check How to make a crypto withdrawal at Bitfinex.
- Wallets: Here a list of Bitfinex Pay compatible wallets and its balances are shown. Merchants will be able to:
- Generate a new address for tokens that have not yet an address associated;
- Create a *new wallet address;
- See the QR code of the token address;
- Button to auto-convert, for more information please see the Auto-Convert feature below;
- Button to disable auto-convert, for more information please see the Auto-Convert feature below.
*Note: Only 30 new wallet addresses can be created per month.
The Auto-Convert Feature will allow Merchants to automatically convert Bitfinex Pay compatible tokens to any other token available.
For example, a Merchant may want to convert from BTC to USDt and activate the Auto-Convert feature. Once activated, every 5 minutes any amount above 10 USD equivalent will be automatically converted with a Market order.
Please check our Fees page to understand the fees required for Market orders.
- No more than 1000 USD equivalent will be converted every 5 minutes.
- If token A is auto-converting to token B, token B cannot auto-convert to any other token.
This section shows a list of all the invoices created by the Merchant, including their status and details. Both customer generated invoices through your checkout and manually generated invoices will be shown.
For each invoice, Merchants will have the following actions depending on the state of the invoice:
1. Mark as Completed
Merchants can manually mark an invoice as Completed in case the payment was not automatically matched. This may happen if the customer uses Manual Payment and doesn’t send the exact amount of funds.
For more information on how these payments may not be matched correctly, visit our guide The End User Experience.
In order to mark an invoice as Completed, relevant information regarding the transaction will be required in order to identify the correct payment.
1. Firstly, you will be required to provide the token the invoice was paid with by selecting from the dropdown menu.
2. After providing the token used to pay the invoice, you will be shown a number of suggested deposits that are based on the invoice time and amount.
3. If no deposits are suggested or you already know the Deposit/Ledger ID of the matching deposit, you can also input it manually.
Note: Only invoices with the Created status may be marked as Completed.
2. Mark as Expired
You can mark any invoice with the Created status as Expired. This will immediately expire the invoice and make it unavailable for the client. This is a useful feature especially for incorrect invoices.
This will allow you to either copy the link of the invoice or open it yourself.
This will generate a QR code that you can save as an image.
Additionally the Invoices section also includes the Bitfinex Pay Manual Invoice Generator.
How to manually generate an invoice on the Bitfinex Pay Merchant Dashboard
Having a verified Merchant account on Bitfinex, you will be able to manually generate invoices without the need to integrate Bitfinex Pay with your store. This also allows you to create a custom order for a specific client if needed.
Click on Create Invoice on the top right of the Invoice section and complete all the required information below:
- Order Number: An order ID so you can identify this payment.
- Expiration Time: Controls the expiration time for this invoice in hours and minutes. This sets the time your customer will have to complete the transaction. Time must be within 5 minutes and 24 hours.
- Redirect URL: (Optional) Where your customers will be redirected after payment completion.
- Price: Price amount in fiat, currency depends on the Currency field you select.
- Currency: Fiat currency for the price.
Note: Currently, only USD, EUR and GBP are available; more currencies will be added in the future.
- Tokens: Available tokens your customer will be able to pay with in this invoice
- Customer Info: Your customer’s full name, email and nationality
- Customer full address: Your customer’s full address
- Internal Note (Optional) : A note that will be only visible by the merchant and not by the customer
Once all the fields have been filled out, click on Create Invoice to generate this invoice. You can then copy the link and send it to your client.
How to check invoice details on the Bitfinex Pay Merchant Dashboard
By clicking on any element of the invoices list, Merchants are able to access all the details of a specific invoice, as well as all the actions available. The amount of information shown depends on the status of the invoice.
This will bring you to the Reports page of your Bitfinex account.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!