Bitfinex Pulse is a news feed aggregator and information directory. Through Bitfinex Pulse, you can read and publish quality content and share your trading strategies through community engagement.
Create a Bitfinex Pulse Account
To create your Bitfinex Pulse account:
1. Sign up/Login into your Bitfinex account: You will need to be signed in to your Bitfinex account.
If you do not have a Bitfinex account you can sign up through https://www.bitfinex.com.
2. Setup your Bitfinex Pulse profile: Once signed in, go to the top menu and select the Bitfinex Pulse icon as seen on the image below.
Proceeding, you will be redirected to the Bitfinex Pulse setup.
- Choose your nickname: You can begin by entering a nickname or skip the setup.
If you choose to skip, you would not be able to post a pulse, however, you can come back onto Your Profile and create a nickname anytime.
- Agree to the Terms of Service: You will then be presented with the Bitfinex Pulse Terms of Service to read and agree to in order to continue.
- Complete your profile: Select Your Profile to set up your Bitfinex Pulse account by choosing a profile picture, a nickname (if you haven’t already done so) and entering a short biography, completing your set-up.
Note: Information shared under Your Profile can be viewed publicly if you are a verified account holder.
3. Write your first pulse: Once you have finalised creating your profile, you are ready for your first pulse, which will include a title (optional) and content.
You can write a new pulse at any time by clicking on the icon at the bottom right-hand side, or directly through the editor if you are using the expanded (full screen) view:
Your pulses can contain photos (drag and drop for easy uploading) and you can attach charts such as: your Exchange wallet composition and the Portfolio exposure percentage, and a TradingView chart snapshot (for the side panel overlay or sticky modes only) along with links, emojis, with an option to style the text using additional options from the pulse footer:
Understanding Private and Public pulses
A pulse can be private or public depending on your KYC verification level and settings.
Private pulses can only be seen by the person who posted the pulse.
If your account is unverified, you will only be able to post pulses as private. You will be able to see them in the ‘Your Pulse’ section.
Public pulses are reserved to KYC verified users, who can choose to share their pulses on the Home section (the pulses feed) for public consumption, which can also be seen by those who have not signed in to Bitfinex.
In addition, if as a verified user you have given consent to appear on the Bitfinex Leaderboard, your Bitfinex Pulse profile preview and your pinned pulse will be displayed on the Bitfinex Leaderboard. Users can click on the Pulse icon to view the pulse and hover over a nickname to see the profile preview.
Share your Wallet Composition and Portfolio exposure
You can share the percentage of your exchange wallet holdings in a pie chart format on your pulse post.
Through the portfolio exposure bar chart widget, you share the graph showing the percentage of the total net value (the sum of the long and short exposure) of your wallet balance, calculated as the USD absolute value of the current market price.
Accessing Bitfinex Pulse
Users can set up how they would like to access Bitfinex Pulse.
To view Bitfinex Pulse in full-page mode from the Side Panel, click on the Full-Screen icon (the middle icon as seen below), or you can access the full page directly from https://www.bitfinex.com/pulse.
‘Sticky’ mode enables those with 1500+ pixels to split the screen to have visibility of Bitfinex Pulse and the other parts of the platform. Using the sticky preference will easily allow you to trade as you keep an eye on the pulses.
Overlay mode enables you to have a partial viewing only when on the Trading page. To switch between sticky and overlay modes, click the first icon, as shown in the image above.
You can close the panel with the X button if you would like to hide Pulse altogether.
Your public pulses can be shared on all social media platforms via a sharable link.
In addition, you can link your Twitter handle with your Bitfinex Pulse profile; go to Bitfinex Account info settings to connect your Twitter account; this feature will show the Twitter follow button and number of followers you currently have.
Follow and Notifications
You can follow your favourite accounts by pressing on the Follow button beneath the user profile picture. On the Home’s Following tab, you will then only see curated information shared from accounts you follow.
If you navigate to ‘Your pulse’ profile section in the sidebar mode, you will be able to see the list of Followers you have. In full page mode, you can see your list of your followers by clicking Followers under the Edit Profile button. The number will also appear when viewing, or hovering over, a user’s profile.
The Following tab lists the accounts you are subscribed to and when visiting other Bitfinex Pulse accounts it enables you to see who they are following.
If you are not following anyone yet, you will be able to see a list of suggested users, by navigating to the ‘Home’ section or ‘Your Pulse’ section: in the Following tab.
Notifications will update anytime you receive a like or you have a new follower on your Bitfinex Pulse account. The nicknames that appear are clickable, enabling you a quick access to connect with users which connected to you.
Comments are available for public pulses. Each comment acts as an individual pulse having its own shareable URL. In addition, similar to posting a pulse, you are able to upload images and charts along with your written up comment. When you hover over a pulse, the ‘Reply’ button will show, which will allow you to respond to a pulse:
To allow or disallow comments on a pulse, click the ‘Allow comments’ icon when you create the pulse:
To expand and collapse the comments on a pulse, click on the Comments icon, as shown below. When you first click on the icon, the first 3 comments will be shown; to load more, click on ‘Show more comments’:
Verified users can send and receive direct messages, which can include up to 2 images each. In addition, the message portal enables verified users to attach and send charts which include your Exchange Wallet Composition and Portfolio Exposure.
And by clicking on the user’s avatar in the Recent messages section, you can be redirected to the user’s Bitfinex Pulse page.
You can choose whether you want to be contacted by other users through the toggle switch in your Edit Profile section, by enabling or disabling the “Bock private messages” option.
The message button can be found next to the follow button when hovering over the verified user’s profile.
If you have closed the Bitfinex Pulse overlay or sticky panel, you will be able to see when new messages are received, as the Bitfinex Pulse icon will be updated with a green notification as seen below:
You can also receive sound notifications when a new message is in your inbox. You can select the sound type, enable or disabled it, from your Bitfinex account Notifications - Sound Alerts.
Hashtags, Cashtags and the News-Banner
Hashtags and cashtags used in a pulse’s body will change the text colour to green, and in the title, to blue. Your pinned public pulses may feature in the News banner, which will be available on the Bitfinex Pulse page, the Bitfinex homepage, and the Bitfinex Trading page.
You can generate a cashtag using $ before any currency or token available on our Trading page which will create an interactive tag. When a cursor hovers over the cashtag an overview modal will appear displaying a brief explanation of the currency (or token) and its current trading price against USD including interest rates for margin funding for available currencies. If you further click on View Market in the overview window, you will be directed to the Bitfinex Trading page of the respective USD pair.
Using the cashtag on fiat currency, the interactive tag will show the exchange rate.
Users are able to tag other account holders with @[insert username]. The tag is clickable and redirects to the user’s Pulse profile page, when included in a pulse’s content.
Report a pulse
If you have reasons to believe that any pulse violates the Bitfinex Pulse Terms of Service, as a verified user, you can report it by using the ‘report’ option on the uploaded pulse.
Bitfinex Pulse Tips
- Learn how to maximize the benefits of your Bitfinex Pulse account by reading our blog.
- By including keywords, tagging other users and hashtags you can make your posts more pointed
- You can share up to 4 images; the size limit is 6 MB per pulse
- You can search by both public nicknames and pulse content
- If you hover over another user’s profile, you can click on the square icon to be directed to their profile page, in a new tab
- When viewing a user profile, or when hovering over their bio, you have the option to copy their profile link
- To select which languages to see your pulses feed, go to the Edit Profile section, where you will be able to choose between English (EN), Russian (RU), and Simplified and Traditional Chinese (ZH)
- Verified Sub-Accounts can create a Bitfinex Pulse account and write pulses
- Moreover, the search results, in Full-Screen mode, will also show the 10 most used hashtags (Trends); in the side panel mode, you can see what’s Trending, in a tab within the Home section
- In the Likes submenu under ‘Your pulse’, you will be able to see a list of the pulses that you liked: the pinned pulse is shown first, followed by the others, in date order
- If you have closed the News banner, you can re-enable it from the ‘Edit Profile’ in your account section (“Show news feed banner”)
- If you choose to share your portfolio (wallet) composition or the portfolio exposure, the charts will consist of the percentage of those currencies that are >1% in USD equivalent.