Bitfinex Pulse is a news feed aggregator and information directory. Through Bitfinex Pulse, you can read and publish quality content and share your trading strategies through community engagement.
Topics in this article:
- Create a Bitfinex Pulse Account
- Understanding Private and Public pulses
- Share your Wallet Composition and Portfolio exposure
- Accessing Bitfinex Pulse
- Social Media
- Follow and Notifications
- Direct Messages
- Groups (Group Messages)
- Hashtags, Cashtags and the News-Banner
- Report a pulse
- Bitfinex Information Pack
Create a Bitfinex Pulse Account
To create your Bitfinex Pulse account:
1. Sign up/Login into your Bitfinex account: You will need to be signed in to your Bitfinex account.
If you do not have a Bitfinex account you can sign up through https://www.bitfinex.com.
2. Setup your Bitfinex Pulse profile: Once signed in, go to the top menu and select the Bitfinex Pulse icon as seen on the image below.
Proceeding, you will be redirected to the Bitfinex Pulse setup.
- Choose your nickname: You can begin by entering a nickname or skip the setup.
If you choose to skip, you would not be able to post a pulse, however, you can come back onto Your Profile and create a nickname anytime.
- Agree to the Terms of Service: You will then be presented with the Bitfinex Pulse Terms of Service to read and agree to in order to continue.
- Complete your profile: Select Your Profile to set up your Bitfinex Pulse account by choosing a profile picture, a nickname (if you haven’t already done so) and entering a short biography, completing your set-up.
Note: Information shared under Your Profile can be viewed publicly if you are a Basic Plus or higher verification level account, holder.
3. Write your first pulse: Once you have finalised creating your profile, you are ready for your first pulse, which will include a title (optional) and content.
You can write a new pulse at any time by clicking on the icon at the bottom right-hand side, or directly through the editor if you are using the expanded (full screen) view:
Your pulses can contain photos (drag and drop for easy uploading) and you can attach charts such as: your Exchange wallet composition and the Portfolio exposure percentage (for Basic Plus and higher level verified users and similarly verified sub-accounts/paper trading accounts only), and a TradingView chart snapshot (for the side panel overlay or sticky modes only) along with links, emojis, with an option to style the text using additional options from the pulse footer:
Understanding Private and Public pulses
A pulse can be private or public depending on your KYC verification level and settings.
Private pulses can only be seen by the person who posted the pulse.
If your account is verified to Basic level, you will only be able to post pulses as private. You will be able to see them in the ‘Your pulse’ section.
Public pulses are reserved to KYC Basic Plus and higher level verified users. These users can choose to share their pulses on the Home section (the pulses feed) for public consumption, which can also be seen by those who have not signed in to Bitfinex.
Note: If you are a Basic Plus and above verified user, the default status for your pulse will be set to ‘public’, but you can change it by clicking on the eye icon, should you still wish to post a private pulse instead.
In addition, if as a Basic Plus verified user (or higher level), you have given consent to appear on the Bitfinex Leaderboard, your Bitfinex Pulse profile preview and your pinned pulse will be displayed on the Bitfinex Leaderboard.
Users can click on the pulse icon to view the full pulse and hover over a nickname to see the profile preview.
Share your Wallet Composition and Portfolio exposure
You can share the percentage of your exchange wallet holdings in a pie chart format on your pulse post.
Through the portfolio exposure bar chart widget, you share the graph showing the percentage of the total net value (the sum of the long and short exposure) of your wallet balance, calculated as the USD absolute value of the current market price.
The Exchange Wallet Composition and Portfolio Exposure charts can be of either your main account or your paper trading sub-account if enabled.
Accessing Bitfinex Pulse
Users can set up how they would like to access Bitfinex Pulse.
To view Bitfinex Pulse in full-page mode from the Side Panel, click on the Full-Screen icon (the middle icon as seen below), or you can access the full page directly from https://pulse.bitfinex.com/.
‘Sticky’ mode enables those with 1500+ pixels to split the screen to have visibility of Bitfinex Pulse and the other parts of the platform. Using the sticky preference will easily allow you to trade as you keep an eye on the pulses.
Overlay mode enables you to have a partial viewing only when on the Trading page. To switch between sticky and overlay modes, click the first icon, as shown in the image above.
You can close the panel with the X button if you would like to hide Pulse altogether.
Your public pulses can be shared on all social media platforms via a sharable link.
In addition, you can link your Twitter handle with your Bitfinex Pulse profile; go to Bitfinex Account info settings to connect your Twitter account; this feature will show the Twitter follow button and number of followers you currently have.
Follow and Notifications
You can follow your favourite accounts by pressing on the Follow button beneath the user profile picture. On the Home’s Following tab, you will then only see curated information shared from accounts you follow.
If you navigate to ‘Your pulse’ profile section in the sidebar mode, you will be able to see the list of Followers you have. In full page mode, you can see your list of your followers by clicking Followers under the Edit Profile button. The number will also appear when viewing, or hovering over, a user’s profile.
The Following tab lists the accounts you are subscribed to and when visiting other Bitfinex Pulse accounts it enables you to see who they are following.
If you are not following anyone yet, you will be able to see a list of suggested users, by navigating to the ‘Home’ section or ‘Your Pulse’ section: in the Following tab. You will also find the most trending posts in the Trending tab.
Notifications will update anytime you receive a like or a comment, when you are tagged in a pulse post, or when you have a new follower on your Bitfinex Pulse account. The nicknames that appear are clickable, enabling you a quick access to connect with users which connected to you.
Comments are available for public pulses. Each comment acts as an individual pulse having its own shareable URL. In addition, similar to posting a pulse, you are able to upload images and charts along with your written up comment. When you hover over a pulse, the ‘Reply’ button will show, which will allow you to respond to a pulse:
To allow or disallow comments on a pulse, click the ‘Allow comments’ icon when you create the pulse:
To expand and collapse the comments on a pulse, click on the Comments icon, as shown below. When you first click on the icon, the first 3 comments will be shown; to load more, click on ‘Show more comments’:
Tipping lets users reward other users for their fun, interesting and quality content on the platform. Users can tip Basic Plus and above verified Bitfinex Pulse users with the “Tip” button that is displayed on pulse footer roll-over (including for pulse replies), when hovering over another user’s profile, when visiting a user’s profile page, or from the Leaderboard.
Users at Basic Plus and higher verification level can enable the tipping option from the Edit Profile section.
Currently the supported currencies available for tipping include: TETHER tokens (USDt) on Ethereum/Tron/OmiseGo/EOS/Algorand, Unus Sed LEO on Ethereum and Bitcoin on Lightning Network (LNX).
You can enable this tipping feature as a widget onto your external websites and blogs with your own personalised message. To do so, once you have enabled tipping onto your Pulse account as instructed above, go to Edit Profile and on the right side you can click on Get Tipping Badge setup; at this stage, you can insert your custom message such as “tip me” and see a preview of the widget.
Verified users (Basic Plus and higher levels) can send and receive direct messages, which can include up to 2 images each. In addition, the message portal enables verified users to attach and send charts which include your Exchange Wallet Composition and Portfolio Exposure.
And by clicking on the user’s avatar in the Recent messages section, you can be redirected to the user’s Bitfinex Pulse page.
You can choose whether you want to be contacted by other users through the toggle switch in your Edit Profile section, by enabling or disabling the "Allow private messages” option.
The message button can be found next to the follow button when hovering over the verified (Basic Plus and higher levels) user’s profile.
If you have closed the Bitfinex Pulse overlay or sticky panel, you will be able to see when new messages are received, as the Bitfinex Pulse icon will be updated with a green notification as seen below:
You can also receive sound notifications when a new message is in your inbox. You can select the sound type, enable or disabled it, from your Bitfinex account Notifications - Sound Alerts.
Groups (Group Messages)
To set up a group, navigate to the Messages section in the Full Page and click on the Groups button (located above the Recent Messages section). If you are in Side Panel mode, clicking on Groups will direct you to the Full Page mode, where you can set up the group.
A group can be created by a Basic Plus verified user and higher levels, who can then invite others to join by selecting nicknames from the searchable list of Members.
All users can be invited into the group, regardless of verification level.
Note: Basic verified users will have read-only permissions; to share content and reply to group messages, please verify your account to Basic Plus or higher level.
The instigator of the group will automatically be the administrator (admin) of the group with the sole authority to add and remove members, set group topics, the profile image of the group and delete the group.
When an admin selects you to join a group, you will receive a notification with an invitation to accept the invite:
Even after you have joined a group, you have the option of leaving it. Newly added members will be able to see the history of the group messages.
If you would like to disable receiving all group invites, go to Edit Profile and disable the feature, as it will be enabled by default:
Group messages can also be muted/unmuted by both admins and members if needed.
Hashtags, Cashtags and the News-Banner
Hashtags and cashtags used in a pulse’s body will change the text colour to green, and in the title, to blue. Your pinned public pulses may feature in the News banner, which will be available on the Bitfinex Pulse page, the Bitfinex homepage, and the Bitfinex Trading page.
You can generate a cashtag using $ before any currency or token available on our Trading page which will create an interactive tag. When a cursor hovers over the cashtag an overview modal will appear displaying a brief explanation of the currency (or token) and its current trading price against USD including interest rates for margin funding for available currencies. If you further click on View Market in the overview window, you will be directed to the Bitfinex Trading page of the respective USD pair.
Using the cashtag on fiat currency, the interactive tag will show the exchange rate.
Users are able to tag other account holders with @[insert username]. The tag is clickable and redirects to the user’s Pulse profile page, when included in a pulse’s content.
Report a pulse
If you have reasons to believe that any pulse violates the Bitfinex Pulse Terms of Service, as a Basic Plus or above verified user, you can report it by using the ‘report’ option on the uploaded pulse.
Bitfinex Pulse Information Pack
- Learn how to maximize the benefits of your Bitfinex Pulse account by reading our blog.
- Basic Plus is an instant verification level available for individual accounts which allows users to post public pulses, create & manage groups, receive tips, and send & receive direct messages. Learn more about verification levels and advantages.
- By including keywords, tagging other users and hashtags you can make your posts more pointed
- You can share up to 4 images; the size limit is 6 MB per pulse
- You can search by both public nicknames and pulse content
- If you hover over another user’s profile, you can click on the square icon to be directed to their profile page, in a new tab
- When viewing a user profile, or when hovering over their bio, you have the option to copy their profile link
- To select which languages to see your pulses feed, go to the Edit Profile section, where you will be able to choose between English (EN), Russian (RU), Spanish (ES) and Simplified and Traditional Chinese (ZH)
- Basic Plus and above verified Sub-Accounts can create a Bitfinex Pulse account and write pulses
- Strategies made on Paper Trading can be shared within your Bitfinex Pulse network. You can learn more about Paper Trading here
- Moreover, the search results, in Full-Screen mode, will also show the 10 most used hashtags (Trends); in the side panel mode, you can see what’s Trending, in a tab within the Home section
- In the Likes submenu under ‘Your pulse’, you will be able to see a list of the pulses that you liked: the pinned pulse is shown first, followed by the others, in date order
- If you have closed the News banner, you can re-enable it from the ‘Edit Profile’ in your account section (“Show news feed banner”)
- If you choose to share your portfolio (wallet) composition or the portfolio exposure, the charts will consist of the percentage of those currencies that are >1% in USD equivalent.