Bitfinex Pulse is a social platform integrated in the Bitfinex platform. It allows users to share their trading ideas, insight and analysis with the Bitfinex community. Users can follow other users, like, comment on posts, tip other users for quality content and participate in discussions. Bitfinex Pulse also features a news aggregator that provides users with the latest cryptocurrency news.
With Bitfinex Pulse, you can:
- Learn from other traders: You can follow professional traders, read their posts and participate in discussions to learn about their trading strategies and insights.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest news: Bitfinex Pulse's news aggregator provides you with the latest cryptocurrency news from various trusted sources, helping you stay informed about the latest market movements and trends.
- Build a community: Bitfinex Pulse is a great place to build a community of like-minded traders. You can connect with other traders, share your ideas and learn from each other.
How to create a Bitfinex Pulse account
1. Firstly, you need to sign up / log in to your Bitfinex account.
2. Then, in the right-hand upper corner click on the Bitfinex Pulse icon to access Bitfinex Pulse.
You will be directed to the Bitfinex Pulse setup at this point, where you can:
Choose your nickname: You may enter a handle, or you can skip the setup.
Note: If you opt to skip, you will not be able to publish a pulse; however, you can return to Your Profile at any moment and establish a nickname.
Agree to the Terms of Service: You will next be presented with the Bitfinex Pulse Terms of Service, which you must read and agree to before proceeding.
Complete your profile: Select Your Profile to complete the setup of your Bitfinex Pulse account by selecting a profile photo, a nickname (if you haven't already), and entering a brief biography.
Note: Information shared under Your Profile can be viewed publicly if you are a Basic Plus or higher verification level account holder. Learn more about public and private pulses on How to Create a Pulse on Bitfinex Pulse.
3. Once you've completed your profile, you're ready to write your first pulse, which will comprise a title (optional) and content. You can write a new pulse at any time by clicking on the Bitfinex Pulse icon at the bottom right-hand side or directly on the text field if you are using the full-screen view:
Using Bitfinex Pulse on the Mobile App
1. Open the Bitfinex mobile app and sign in to your account.
2. Tap on the Bitfinex Pulse icon on the top right corner.
3. Here you will be directed to the Bitfinex Pulse setup page.
4. Enter a Bitfinex Pulse nickname, you can also choose to skip this step. If you skip, you will not be able to post, however you can always come back to this page and add a nickname later.
5. You will then need to agree to the Bitfinex Pulse Terms of Service.
6. Tap on Your Profile to complete your Bitfinex Pulse account setup. Here you can add a profile photo, a nickname, and a brief biography.
7. Once you have completed your profile, you are ready to use Bitfinex Pulse!
8. Tap the Bitfinex Pulse icon in the bottom right corner to write a new pulse.
9. Then tap on Post to post your pulse.
Here are some additional tips for using Bitfinex Pulse on the mobile app:
- You can view public pulses by tapping on the Pulses tab;
- You can follow other users by tapping the Following tab;
- You can also search for users by entering their usernames;
- You can like and comment on pulses by tapping the Like and Comment buttons;
- You can share pulses by tapping on the Share button.
What types of content can be posted on Bitfinex Pulse:
- Photos (drag and drop for easy uploading);
- Charts such as your Exchange wallet composition and Portfolio exposure percentage (for Basic Plus and higher-level verified users and similarly verified sub-accounts/Paper Trading accounts only);
- Images of your margin and derivatives positions' P/L (profit and loss);
- Snapshot of a Trading View chart (for the side panel Overlay or Panel modes only);
- Polls with options to create quizzes.
Note: You can learn more about the different modes further down in this article under the How to access and view Bitfinex Pulse section.
Additionally, you can add links and emoticons to personalise the pulse on the pulse footer's extra features.
Note: You are able to tag other account holders with @[insert username]. The tag is clickable and redirects to the user’s Bitfinex Pulse profile page when included in a pulse’s content.
How to access and view Bitfinex Pulse
Bitfinex Pulse can be viewed in a variety of modes and accessed in a number of different ways. When you click on the Bitfinex Pulse Icon a side panel will pop up.
To view Bitfinex Pulse in full-page mode from the side panel, click on your profile picture and choose View in Full Page. Alternatively, you can access the full page directly from https://pulse.bitfinex.com/.
As seen in the above image, there are three modes to view Bitfinex Pulse:
- Sticky mode enables those with 1500+ pixels to split the screen to have visibility of Bitfinex Pulse and the other parts of the platform. Using the Sticky mode preference will easily allow you to trade as you keep an eye on Bitfinex pulses.
- Panel mode enables you to see the Bitfinex Pulse as a panel on the bottom right-hand corner. You can press the arrow up to expand or press the arrow down to minimise.
- Overlay mode enables partial viewing only when on the Trading page.
Note: To switch between Panel and Overlay modes, click on your profile image.
You can close the panel with the X button if you would like to hide Pulse altogether.
Follow other Bitfinex Pulse users
You can follow your favourite accounts by clicking the Follow icon beneath the user profile picture. When you are on the Your Feed tab, you will only see curated information shared by accounts you follow.
If you navigate to the Your Pulse profile section in the sidebar mode, you will see the list of Followers you have. In full-page mode, you can see your list of your followers by clicking Followers under the Edit Profile button.
Note: The number of followers will also appear when viewing, or hovering over, a user’s profile.
The Your Feed tab lists all of the Bitfinex Pulse accounts to which you have subscribed, and it also indicates who is following other Bitfinex Pulse accounts. While the Conversations tab lists the top hashtags in circulation.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!