To deliver the best trading experience to our users, Bitfinex continually monitors all listed projects and reviews their listing qualifications.
As a result of this process, if a token no longer meets our requirements, it will be delisted.
Delisting is the action of removing a token/cryptocurrency and all its trading pairs from the exchange.
We inform users of upcoming delistings in advance and through different media: our announcements page, email, and Bitfinex social media channels. The date and time of when the token deposits and withdrawals will stop, and trading for its pairs will cease, will be specified in the announcement.
We urge all customers to keep up to date with our announcements and carefully read our email communications.
What if I missed the deadline for withdrawals? Are my funds lost?
If you have not withdrawn the funds before the date and time specified, the Bitfinex team can attempt to recover your funds.
Delisted token recovery requests may be submitted for amounts exceeding $500 equivalent, subject to the following procedures:
- Bitfinex will initially evaluate and assess if the recovery is feasible. If after this evaluation, recovery is deemed not to be viable, at Bitfinex’s sole and absolute discretion, the tokens will not be recovered. This evaluation is final. If it is decided that a recovery will be tried, Bitfinex will attempt a recovery, but a successful outcome is not and cannot be guaranteed.
- A fee on full or partial recovered funds will be applied. The fee will be deducted from your Exchange wallet, please make sure to have enough funds available for deduction once the recovery request is confirmed.
- There is no time frame or time limit for any discretionary recovery process to be undertaken by Bitfinex, so please be patient. Please do not contact us; wait to be notified. There are no possible updates that Bitfinex can or will communicate before the process is completed.
- Recovery of ERC20 tokens can be attempted up to 6 months after withdrawal closure.
- Recovery of Mainnet coins can be attempted up to 3 months after withdrawal closure.
The recovery process is time-consuming and we cannot always guarantee a successful recovery, so we would recommend that you remove your funds before the announced deadline.