What is delisting?
Delisting is the process of removing a cryptocurrency and all its trading pairs from the exchange.
Bitfinex continuously monitors all listed projects and examines their listing qualifications to provide our users with the best trading experience possible. If a token no longer meets the requirements, it will be delisted.
How will I know if a token I hold is delisted on Bitfinex?
The date and time of when the token deposits and withdrawals are stopped and trading for its pairs are ceased will be specified in the announcement.
Important: We urge all customers to follow our announcements and carefully read Bitfinex email communications.
Will my funds be lost if I miss a delisted token’s withdrawal deadline?
If you have not withdrawn the funds before the date and time specified, the Bitfinex team can attempt to recover your funds.
Important: Delisted token recovery requests may be submitted for amounts exceeding $500 equivalent, subject to the following procedures:
- Bitfinex will first evaluate and determine the viability of the recovery. If a recovery is determined to be unfeasible following this examination, the tokens will not be recovered at Bitfinex’s sole and absolute discretion.
If a recovery attempt is determined to be possible, Bitfinex will attempt to help, but successful withdrawal cannot be guaranteed.
- A fee on full or partial recovered funds will be applied. It will be deducted from your Exchange wallet, so please make sure to have enough funds available for deduction once the recovery request is confirmed.
- Bitfinex has no time frame or limit for any discretionary recovery process, so please be patient and wait for notification.
Note: Bitfinex cannot or will not disclose any updates until the procedure is completed.
How long will Bitfinex be able to recover tokens after delisting?
The potential of recovery will be determined by whether the token is broadcasted on the EOS or ERC-20 chain or its mainnet:
- The recovery of EOS and ERC-20 tokens can be attempted up to 6 months after withdrawal closure.
- The recovery of Mainnet coins can be attempted up to 3 months after withdrawal closure.
Important: Due to the length of the recovery process and the fact that we cannot always guarantee a successful recovery, we urge that you withdraw your assets before the announced deadline.
If you have any questions regarding the recovery of delisted tokens, feel free to contact Bitfinex Support.