A Market order is an order type that executes immediately against the best price available. As long as there are willing sellers and buyers, market orders are filled.
How to place a Market order
1. Firstly, log in to your Bitfinex account on the Bitfinex mobile app.
2. Then, select the Trade tab.
3. Here, you can select the relevant trading pair from the ticker to buy or sell.
4. Next, select Market from the drop-down on the top.
Note: The default option when making an order will be a Market order.
5. You can then fill out the amount and proceed to preview the order.
Alternatively, you can select the 25%, 50%, or 100% to allocate your available balance.
Note: A market sell will match the best available bids on the order book, and a market buy will match against the best available asks on the order book.
How to use a Market order
Market orders are often used when rapid execution is prioritised over the price at which the order executes. When placing this order, the user wishes that the trade takes place as soon as possible at the best price available.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!