The Swap tool is available in the Bitfinex Mobile App when using Lite mode. It allows you to quickly perform a token “swap” from one token to another, thereby simplifying the process of order creation.
Note: The Swap tool places a Fill or Kill (FOK) Order in order to manage the impact of market price changes. The maximum slippage applied by the Swap tool is 0.5%, meaning that if the number of tokens you would receive from a Swap is less than the estimated number by 0.5%, the Swap will not occur and your order will be cancelled.
How to use the Swap tool to trade
1. In Lite mode, you will find the Swap tool in the Wallets tab.
2. In the Swap tool, you will find a “From” and “To” selection that allows you to select from the drop-down menu the token you want to exchange.
Note: The “From” menu will automatically present you with the tokens you currently hold in your exchange wallet that is available for exchange trading.
3. Select the token and enter the amount you wish to swap.
You can also tap on the MAX button that will automatically fill the enter field with all of your available balance.
4. In the “To” drop down menu, you will find the available tokens for swapping. Select the token you want to swap for to proceed.
Note: The available options will depend on the trading pairs provided at Bitfinex. It is still possible to exchange to tokens that do not share a pair, but an intermediary trade could be necessary.
5. Once both the “From” and “To” fields are selected, tap on Swap and then Confirm.
6. Your swap will execute and you will see the completed order in the Orders section. You can also view further details about your trade in Reports.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Bitfinex Support.