Deactivating your account implies that it has been deleted, and you no longer have access to it.
Important: Account deactivation is a permanent and irreversible action.
Note: If your account is deactivated, Bitfinex Support will be unable to reactivate your account.
Before beginning the deactivation procedure, please:
- check that you do not have any open orders;
- ensure you do not have open trading positions;
- make sure there are no pending funding offers;
- remove all assets from your account.
By deactivating your account, you will also lose access to all account information such as:
- Balance Histories;
- Trade Logs;
- Any other account history.
Note: Please be aware that under applicable law, we will still have a legitimate interest in retaining your data for certain purposes, such as for audit, compliance, legal, and regulatory purposes.
How to deactivate my Bitfinex account
1. To begin, navigate to the Account Settings page from the menu in the upper right corner of the Bitfinex platform.
2. Secondly, by updating your account status, deactivate your Bitfinex account.
3. Then a confirmation pop-up will display to validate your decision. If you opt to proceed, you will receive a confirmation email, and your account will be permanently deactivated once you confirm it.
4. Finally, confirm the deactivation email by pressing the Permanently Deactivate Account button to log out from your Bitfinex account
Note: You will be permanently and irreversibly logged out of your account once you confirm.
If you have any questions about your account deactivation, feel free to contact Bitfinex Support. We’ll be happy to help!