The error message "Invalid token. Please ensure you are logging in with the same browser within 15 minutes" usually occurs when you are trying to log in to your account through email confirmation.
Make sure that you are opening the email confirmation link:
- using the same browser that your Bitfinex website is trying to log in on.
For example, if you have started to log in using a Google Chrome browser, make sure to open the confirmation link in your Chrome browser also;
- within 15 minutes from when you received the confirmation email.
If you are using Microsoft Office 365/Outlook, the issue could appear because of a feature on your email account called Safelinks that alters the link we sent to you.
How to fix the Safelinks login issue
1. First of all, you can temporarily turn Safelinks off by signing in to https://outlook.live.com.
2. Then, select Settings > Premium > Security.
3. There’s a toggle under Advanced Security that you can use to turn off Safelinks.
Note: Turning off Safelinks will only affect future messages you receive. It won’t change the link format in messages you’ve already received.
4. You will now need to make a new login attempt after you have disabled Safelinks.
5. Once you have successfully logged in to your Bitfinex account, we recommend that you enable 2FA as soon as possible to protect your account and ensure that future logins no longer require email confirmation.
Note: You can turn Safelinks back on again once the link has been used.
If you still have inquiries, please feel free to contact Bitfinex Support for further assistance. We are happy to help!