By default, your Bitfinex account has three main wallets — one for each of our core features:
- Exchange Wallet is for exchanging funds between currencies supported at Bitfinex;
- Margin Wallet is for trading leveraged short and long positions;
- Funding Wallet is for providing margin funding/financing to other traders.
Note: To place an offer or an order, make sure you have funds in the correct wallet. On the Wallet page, you can transfer funds from one wallet to another instantly and for free. For more details, please refer to How to transfer funds between Bitfinex wallets? page.
Are there any other wallets on Bitfinex?
In addition to the three default wallets listed above, Bitfinex includes a separate wallet for Derivatives Trading and Capital Raise wallet for Bitfinex Securities. The Derivatives wallet allows you to transfer tokens for derivatives trading while Capital Raise wallet, on the other hand, allows you to trade tokenised securities on Bitfinex Securities.
- Derivatives Trading is only available for Intermediate or Full verification levels in eligible jurisdictions. Deposits and withdrawals to and from the Derivatives wallet are not permitted.
- To use the Capital Raise wallet, you must have a Bitfinex Securities account at the Full Verification level and verified on the Securities platform in particular.
Important: You can move funds to the wallets through the Wallets > Quick Transfer feature or the Balances box on the trading page.
If you need assistance to move funds from one wallet to another or have any questions, please contact Bitfinex Support.