Your Bitfinex account has three wallets - one for each of our core features. Exchange Trading uses funds from your Exchange wallet, Margin Trading uses funds from your Margin wallet, and Margin Funding uses funds from your Funding wallet.
Each of the three wallets is linked to one of the 3 specific functions on Bitfinex:
- Exchange wallet is used for exchanging funds between our supported currencies.
- Margin wallet is used for trading leveraged short and long positions.
- Funding wallet is used for providing margin funding/financing to other traders.
You can instantly transfer funds from one wallet to another for free on the Transfer page. To place an offer or an order, make sure you have funds in the correct wallet.
- Derivatives wallet is used to transfer tokens for derivatives trading.
- Token Sales wallet is not available by default, it will be made available once funds are deposited to it, the wallet is used to add appropriate tokens used for contribution in Token Sales.
Note that deposits and withdrawals to and from the Derivatives and Tokens Sales wallets are not available, funds can only be transferred to the wallets using the Wallets “Quick Transfer” tool or through the “Balances” box on the trading page.
For information on moving funds, please see: How do I transfer funds between my wallets?