The verification process for Bitfinex is a standardized compliance measure for anti-money laundering (AML), know your customer (KYC), and counter-terrorism financing (CTF) laws and regulations.
The process consists of completing an online questionnaire and submitting supporting documentation. A signed declaration confirming the accuracy of the submitted information is required, authorising Bitfinex to complete the verification process.
Processing times for verification can take up to 1 week, depending on the level of public interest.
Please visit the Account Verification page for full details. Once all the sections are submitted, the account verification process will start. Upon successful verification, you will be notified via email.
The Bitfinex verification process for corporations includes the following:
- Name & Contact Information - Information required to confirm account holder identity
- Location - Information required to confirm the location
- Identity - Information for ensuring only you are capable of transacting on your account
- Financial - Information required for bank wires and withdrawals
- KYC - Information required by KYC/AML regulation
- Navigate to the Verification section, which can be found under Account in the top right corner of your Bitfinex platform.
- Read the terms and click Begin Verification once ready.
- Pick your Country of Residence.
- Check all the reasons for which you are seeking account verification.
- Check the notifications after reading.
- Choose Account Type - In this case, Corporate Account.
Feel free to view our guideline video for more information:
Verification Requirements - Corporate
- Complete online form.
- Corporate Documents: required documents list (PDF downloadable at the end of this article).
- Director Information: each director, significant shareholder and controlling officer(s) are required to provide identification. Please review the online form for more details.
- After completing the corporate verification form, an individual form for each director, significant shareholder(s) and controlling officer(s) must be completed.