The verification process for Bitfinex is a standardized compliance measure for anti-money laundering (AML), know your customer (KYC), and counter-terrorism financing (CTF) laws and regulations.
The process consists of completing an online questionnaire and submitting supporting documentation. A signed declaration confirming the accuracy of the submitted information is required, authorising Bitfinex to complete the verification process.
Processing times for verification can take up to 1 week, depending on the level of public interest.
Please visit the Account Verification page for full details. Once all the sections are submitted, the account verification process will start. Upon successful verification, you will be notified via email.
Keep in mind that accounts do not need to be verified to start trading - Verification is only required for those wishing to deposit/withdraw fiat currencies (e.g. USD), for selected utility and stable coins, (e.g. LEO, OKB, USDK), and/or for accounts who wish to speed up the deposit process. Accounts wishing to deposit/trade/withdraw most cryptocurrencies are not required to be verified.
You can learn more about verification levels and advantages here: https://support.bitfinex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017321633-Verification-Levels-and-Advantages
The Bitfinex verification process for corporations includes the following:
- Name & Contact Information - Information required to confirm account holder identity
- Location - Information required to confirm the location
- Identity - Information for ensuring only you are capable of transacting on your account
- Financial - Information required for bank wires and withdrawals (only required for Full verification)
- KYC - Information required by KYC/AML regulation
- Navigate to the Verification section, which can be found under Account in the top right corner of your Bitfinex platform.
- On the top panel, you can choose your account type "Individual" or "Corporate" - in this case we will select "Corporate"
- You will see three levels of verification, the default being "Basic", then "Intermediate" and "Full"
- Click on "Start Verification" to begin the process
Feel free to view our guideline video for more information:
Verification Requirements - Corporate
- Complete online form.
- Corporate Documents: required documents list (PDF downloadable at the end of this article).
- Director Information: each director, significant shareholder (owning 20% or more of the company), and controlling officer(s) are required to provide identification. Please review the online form for more details.
- After completing the corporate verification form, an individual form for each director, significant shareholder(s) and controlling officer(s) must be completed.