The Bitfinex verification process is a standardised compliance measure for Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), and Counter-Terrorist Financing (CTF) laws and regulations.
What documents are required for corporate account verification on Bitfinex:
- Name and contact information necessary to confirm the identity of the account holder;
- Documents proving your place of residency;
- Identification details ensuring that only you have the confirmation to transact on the said account;
- Financial information for wire transfers and withdrawals from banking institutions (only required for Full level verification);
- Compliance with KYC/AML regulations necessitates the provision of certain information.
In addition, identification information of the corporate members would also be required. Corporate members include:
- Each of the director(s);
- Significant shareholder (owning 20% or more of the company);
- Controlling officer(s).
Important: After completing the corporate verification form, an individual form for each director, significant shareholder(s) and controlling officer(s) must be completed.
Note: The required documents list can be found as a downloadable PDF at the end of this article.
How to verify a corporate account
1. Firstly, navigate to Account > Verification.
2. Then choose your account type Individual or Corporate — in this case, we will select Corporate.
3. Now you will see three levels of access; the default is Basic Access, then Intermediate and Full.
Note: Basic Access is a view-only mode. You can read more about Verification levels at Bitfinex here.
4. Finally, click on Start Verification to begin the process.
Important: A signed declaration confirming the accuracy of the given information is required before Bitfinex may proceed with the verification procedure.
Note: Verification processing timeframes might take up to one week, depending on the extent of public interest. The account verification process will begin once you have completed all sections. You can read more about verification timeframes here.
Is my account already verified
From November 9th, 2022, new users will be able to open a Bitfinex account at the Basic Access level in an access-only (view-only) mode.
You will need to upgrade your verification to Intermediate level which will enable you to:
- deposit and withdraw most listed cryptocurrencies on Bitfinex;
- to make Exchange Trading;
- to access the Bitfinex Over The Counter (OTC) Market;
- to access Margin Trading and Funding*;
- to utilise utility and stablecoins (e.g. LEO, Tether USDt tokens);
- to access advanced trading options.
*Margin Trading, Margin Funding, Bitfinex Borrow, and Lending Pro requires at least Intermediate level verification for all Bitfinex accounts created after March 1, 2022.
Important: You must complete additional Bitfinex Verification to Full level if you intend to deposit/withdraw fiat currency (e.g. USD).
For further details, please watch our guideline video below.
If you have any questions about your corporate verification, contact Bitfinex support. We are happy to support you through this process!