Verification at Bitfinex
On Bitfinex, verification refers to the more commonly known KYC, an acronym for “know your customer” or also “know your client”.
When you create an account on Bitfinex by linking your email address, your account becomes automatically verified on the Basic level. This means that you are immediately free to deposit and withdraw most listed currencies on Bitfinex, make Exchange Trading, and have access to the Bitfinex OTC market.
Further verification is required for users wishing to Margin Trading and Funding, deposit/withdraw fiat currencies (e.g. USD), for selected utility and stablecoins (e.g. LEO, Tether USDt tokens), and/or to access advanced trading options, as well as unlock multiple features on Bitfinex Pulse.
- Intermediate verification is required to access Margin Trading, Margin Funding, Bitfinex Borrow, and Lending Pro. This applies to users who created an account after March 1, 2022.
- Basic Plus verification is required for accounts created between January 1st, 2022 and March 1st, 2022.
- Accounts created before these dates will be able to continue without having to upgrade their verification levels.
For more information, please view Verification levels at Bitfinex.
How long is the verification process
To verify for different levels of verification, you will need to submit relevant documents that our compliance team will review. The processing time for these requests vary depending on the level you are requesting:
- Intermediate and Full verification processing time for most applications is within 2-3 working days, depending on levels of public interest.
- Basic Plus verification is instant and takes only 10-30 seconds to complete.
Note: Applications can take longer if they are incomplete or if they are submitted during periods of significant public interest in cryptocurrencies. We apologise for any prolonged delays and want to assure you that we are working tirelessly to verify your account.
Where can I see the progress of my verification request
You can monitor the progress of your account verification by going to your Verification page or by selecting Verification from the main navigation menu.
Here you will see your current verification level on the top right corner.
You will also be able to see the status of your provided documents in the Status field under each section.
Important: All the required sections need to be in Complete status for your verification request to begin the verification process.
Also, be sure to monitor your email for official correspondence from the Bitfinex compliance team requesting any additional documentation that may be required for verification.
If you have any inquiries about your verification, please feel free to reach out to Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!