A Fill or Kill order is an order that must be filled immediately in its entirety, at a specific price (or better), or it is cancelled (killed).
How to place a Fill or Kill order on Bitfinex
1. Firstly, log in to your Bitfinex account.
2. Then, you will be taken to the Bitfinex platform's Trading page.
3. Here, you can select the relevant trading pair from the ticker.
4. Following, navigate to the order form and select Fill or Kill from the drop-down box.
5. Then, depending on the sort of order you want to execute, you can choose between Exchange or Margin from the same order form.
Note: The default will be Exchange.
6. Now, you can fill in the Price and Amount and place a buy or sell order.
7. Once the order is in the order book, it will either be filled in its entirety at your specified price or else cancelled (killed).
How to use a Fill or Kill order
A Fill or Kill order is used to ensure that an entire position is executed at the specified market price in a timely manner. Without a fill or kill indication, completing a large order may take an extended length of time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!