The Post-Only Limit order option ensures that the limit order will be added to the order book and not match a pre-existing order. If your order would cause a match with a pre-existing order, your post-only limit order will be canceled.
A Post-Only Limit Order ensures that you pay the maker fee and not the taker fee unless matched with hidden order.
Note: Visit the Fees page for more information.
How to add a Post-Only Limit order option on Bitfinex
1. Firstly, log in to your Bitfinex account.
2. Then, you will be redirected to the Trading page of the Bitfinex platform.
3. Here, you can select the relevant trading pair from the ticker.
4. On the order form, if you have selected a Limit or Limit (Order Book) order, you should see the Post-Only order option checkbox available.
5. Finally, you simply complete your order.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!