(Example: How can I buy IOTA with BTC?)
- Make sure your funds are on the Exchange wallet - (on Bitfinex we have three dedicated wallets for each of the functions of the site - Exchange, Margin Trading and Funding) - you can instantly move your funds from one wallet to another on the Wallets page.
- Go to the Trading page and choose the pair you want to trade (in this example it will be IOTA/BTC).
- In the ORDER FORM select the Exchange tab. Then you will need to specify the type of order, order size, and price if you choose "Limit" order type. If you choose instead "Market" order type, your order will be executed at a current market price.
- Click the "Exchange Buy" button.
- Your order will appear in the Orders tab.
- Once the order is executed, your funds will be credited to your Exchange wallet.
- The executed/canceled order will then move to the Order History tab.