Tethers are a type of digital currency built using the Omni Layer on top of the Bitcoin blockchain. Each tether is backed 1-to-1 by traditional currency held in Tether Limited’s reserves. Accordingly, 1 USD₮ is always equivalent to 1 USD. Bitfinex lets you receive USD₮ from a Bitcoin blockchain address and treat them as a USD deposit. Similarly, you can withdraw funds to a Bitcoin blockchain address as USD₮. Learn more about the benefits of using tethers here.
Articles in this section
- Why are there three different wallets in my Bitfinex account?
- How do I transfer funds between my wallets?
- How do I withdraw cryptocurrencies?
- How long does it take for a cryptocurrency withdrawal to be processed?
- Where is my cryptocurrency deposit or withdrawal?
- How long does it take for a wire withdrawal to be processed?
- What are Tethers?
- Ethereum Deposits
- How do I perform a Monero (XMR) deposit or withdrawal?
- How do I perform a Ripple (XRP) deposit or withdrawal?