What is Tether USDt Token
USD-pegged Tether Token (USDt) is a stablecoin with a value meant to mirror the value of the U.S. dollar. A digital token pegged to fiat currency provides individuals and organizations with a robust and decentralized method of exchanging value while using a familiar accounting unit.
Tether tokens exist as digital tokens built on Bitcoin (Omni and Liquid Protocol), Ethereum, EOS, Tron, Algorand, Avalanche, Solana, OMG, Hermez (L2 ETH), Kusama, Tezos, and BCH (or SLP - Simple Ledger Protocol) blockchains. Learn more about Tether's transport protocols.
Important: Tether USDt token deposits, withdrawals, and trading are available to Basic Plus and above verified users and not available to specific jurisdictions.
How to buy USDT
- Bitfinex users can also buy USDt on the market through the available trading pairs.
Supported transport protocols:
- Omni Protocol Token via Bitcoin Blockchain
- Liquid Asset via Liquid Blockchain
- ERC20 Token via Ethereum Blockchain
- ERC20 Token via Avalanche Blockchain
- ERC20 Token via OMG Network
- ERC20 Token via Hermez Network
- TRC20 Token via Tron Blockchain
- Tezos Token via Tezos Blockchain
- EOSIO.TOKEN via EOS Blockchain
- Algorand Asset via Algorand Blockchain
- Solana Token via Solana Blockchain
- Statemine Asset via Kusama Network
- SLP Token via Bitcoin Cash Blockchain
- Near Token via Near Blockchain
Currently, Bitfinex does not support Cross-Chain Bridge transactions nor any other non-native Tether USDT token (e.g. USDT.e). Please do not send any such deposits to Bitfinex, otherwise the funds may be lost. For withdrawals, please ensure that the destination address is enabled for receiving native Tether USDT token.
- Statemint Asset via Polkadot Network
In order to make any transactions or for the account to exist on the Statemint network, the account must have a minimum of 0.1 DOT balance. For more information on this, please see: