What is Tether USDt Token
USD-pegged Tether Token (USDt) is a stablecoin with a value meant to mirror the value of the U.S. dollar. A digital token pegged to fiat currency provides individuals and organizations with a robust and decentralized method of exchanging value while using a familiar accounting unit.
Tether tokens exist as digital tokens built on Bitcoin (Omni and Liquid Protocol), Ethereum, EOS, Tron, Algorand, Avalanche, Solana, Kusama, Tezos, and BCH (or SLP - Simple Ledger Protocol) blockchains. Learn more about Tether's transport protocols.
Important: Tether USDt token deposits, withdrawals, and trading are available to Basic Plus and above verified users and not available to specific jurisdictions.
How to buy USDT
- Bitfinex users can also buy USDt on the market through the available trading pairs.
Supported transport protocols:
- Omni Protocol Token via Bitcoin Blockchain
- Liquid Asset via Liquid Blockchain
- ERC20 Token via Ethereum Blockchain
- ERC20 Token via Avalanche Blockchain
- TRC20 Token via Tron Blockchain
- Tezos Token via Tezos Blockchain
- EOSIO.TOKEN via EOS Blockchain
- Algorand Asset via Algorand Blockchain
- Solana Token via Solana Blockchain
Bitfinex has upgraded its support for Solana Program Library (SPL) Tokens on 25/11/2022, all addresses created before this time will need to be updated with a new address. For more information, please see our guide Solana Program Library (SPL) Deposits & Withdrawals at Bitfinex.
- Statemine Asset via Kusama Network
- SLP Token via Bitcoin Cash Blockchain
- Near Token via Near Blockchain
Currently, Bitfinex does not support Cross-Chain Bridge transactions nor any other non-native Tether USDT token (e.g. USDT.e). Please do not send any such deposits to Bitfinex, otherwise the funds may be lost.
- Statemint Asset via Polkadot Network