OpenPayd is a global payment and banking-as-a-service (BaaS) platform for the digital economy. Bitfinex collaborates with OpenPayd to provide wire deposit and withdrawal services for Bitfinex accounts with Intermediate and above verification levels.
Note: If you wish to conduct your wire transfer directly through Bitfinex, please read these two articles and be sure to choose the Manual Instructions option on the Deposit and Withdrawal page:
Important: At the moment, only Euro and Pound Sterling transfers are available through OpenPayd.
All transactions through OpenPayd are conducted via SEPA and if your bank account is eligible for SEPA Instant it will be selected automatically.
How to make a wire deposit with OpenPayd on Bitfinex
1. First, log in to your Bitfinex account and ensure that your account is at an Intermediate verification level or above.
Note: If you are not yet verified at the right level, you can upgrade your verification here.
2. Then, navigate to the Wallet page > Deposits > Bank transfer > Euro or Pound Sterling.
3. Select the wallet you want to deposit your funds to, as well as the deposit amount.
4. Following, select OpenPayd as your way of transferring the deposit.
Note: If you select Manual as your processor, your deposit will be processed through Bitfinex rather than OpenPayd. Your account would have to be at the Full Verification level to proceed with manual wires. You can learn more about Verification levels at Bitfinex.
5. Select the country your bank is located in and accept the following OpenPayd Notice and Acknowledgement terms.
6. You will receive the wire recipient information from which you will need to wire your funds to in order to complete the deposit.
Note: There is no minimum or maximum deposit amount using OpenPayd services. The transfer fee is €5/£5 per transaction for amounts of 10,000 EUR/GBP or less. For withdrawals of more than 10,000 EUR/GBP, a fee of 0.1% the amount of your withdrawal is charged.
How to make a wire withdrawal with OpenPayd on Bitfinex
1. To begin, log in to your Bitfinex account and verify that your account is at least at the Intermediate verification level.
Note: If you have not yet completed or upgraded your verification, you can do so here.
2. Then, navigate to the Wallet page > Withdrawals > Bank transfer.
3. Following this, you can select OpenPayd, which will allow you to withdraw 10,000 EUR/GBP or less at a fee of €5/£5 per wire.
Important: For withdrawals of more than 10,000 EUR/GBP, a fee of 0.1% the amount of your withdrawal is charged.
- You will be able to make one withdrawal of less than 10,000 EUR/GBP per day.
- If you select Manual as your processor, your withdrawal will be processed through Bitfinex rather than OpenPayd.
- The withdrawal minimum amount is €25/£25.
Important: For the first time you use the OpenPayd service, you will need to agree to the Terms of Service before you can proceed to finalise the withdrawal.
4. You will be guided to fill in information about your beneficiary bank. This will be where OpenPayd will wire your requested withdrawal funds.
5. Next, enter your Google Authenticator 2FA to confirm you wish to proceed with the withdrawal.
Note: If your account is verified at an intermediate level and does not currently meet the Greenlane requirements, you will receive an email with a link to confirm your withdrawal. However, if your account is fully verified, you will not receive an email confirmation request regardless of your Greenlane status.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!