A Time in Force option enables users to specify the duration (date and time) during which an order may remain open until it is executed or expires at the specified time.
This option is only available for Limit, Stop, Stop Limit, Limit (Order Book) and Trailing Stop orders.
How to add a Time in Force order option on Bitfinex
1. Firstly, log in to your Bitfinex account.
2. Then, you will be redirected to the Trading page of the Bitfinex platform.
3. Here, you can select the relevant trading pair from the ticker.
4. On the order form, if you have selected a Limit, Stop-limit, Limit (Order Book) or Trailing Stop, you will see the TIF order check-box available to be ticked.
5. Click on the TIF Date text fields to bring up a date and time picker, where you can enter the desired details.
6. Then, enter the other details of the order needed to complete the order and finalise by clicking on either sell or buy.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!