What are cross-chain deposits
A cross-chain deposit occurs when tokens are sent from one cryptocurrency blockchain to another (for example, sending Ethereum to a Bitcoin address).
Token recovery in a cross-chain deposit is a highly complex, manual procedure, and Bitfinex cannot always guarantee a successful outcome, as not all deposits are recoverable. Furthermore, there are different levels of difficulty, time, and security risk involved in each recovery, depending on the currency that has been mistakenly sent to an address.
Important: Bitfinex informs and urges all users to exercise extreme care and caution when depositing tokens. It is your responsibility to ensure that the transfer of assets to a Bitfinex account is done correctly.
— Is my cross-chain deposit eligible for recovery?
Cross-chain recovery requests may be submitted for amounts exceeding $2,500 equivalent at the time of the transaction, subject to the following procedures:
1. Bitfinex will initially evaluate and assess if the recovery is feasible. If after this evaluation, recovery is deemed not to be viable, at Bitfinex’s sole and absolute discretion, the tokens will not be recovered. This evaluation is final.
If it is decided that a recovery will be tried, Bitfinex will attempt a recovery, but a successful outcome is not and cannot be guaranteed.
2. A fee on full or partial recovered deposit will be applied.
3. There is no time frame or time limit for any discretionary recovery process to be undertaken by Bitfinex, so please be patient. Please do not contact us; wait to be notified. There are no possible updates that Bitfinex can or will communicate before the process is completed.
— Can I recover a deposit of an unsupported token to Bitfinex?
No, deposits of unsupported tokens (including tokens on the incorrect chain) are not recoverable.
Note: Tokens sent from ICOs (initial coin offerings) to a deposit address on Bitfinex are not recoverable.
— How to submit a recovery request?
If you have read above and confirmed that your deposit is eligible for recovery, please contact Bitfinex Support and provide the following information:
- Token name;
- Deposit address;
- Transaction ID.
For other token recovery-related issues, please view our relevant guides:
- Ripple (XRP) Deposits & Withdrawals at Bitfinex
- EOS Deposits & Withdrawals at Bitfinex
- Monero (XMR) Deposits & Withdrawals at Bitfinex
- Stellar Lumen (XLM) Deposits & Withdrawals at Bitfinex
- Ethereum Deposits at Bitfinex
- Delisted token recovery on Bitfinex — Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!