Verification of your account is not mandatory to trade or transact with various cryptocurrencies on Bitfinex.
Bitfinex offers two levels of verification- Full and Intermediate.
Users who do not intend to deposit or withdraw in fiat currencies can opt for the Intermediate verification level.
The Intermediate Verification allows a user:
- Access to UNUS SED LEO, which entitles holders to fee discounts on other tokens
- Eligibility for new trading products on the platform
- The capacity to deposit and withdraw stable coins such as Tether
- Faster crypto deposits, with fewer required confirmations
- Participate in the Bitfinex Pulse community with various privileges
On an Intermediate verification level, users will not have access to bank wire deposits and withdrawals.
If you would like to be fully verified later on, please submit bank details via email to email@example.com and upload a bank statement (not older than 90 days) under Manage Documents section.
If you complete the entire sections of the verification page, your account can attain Full Verification.
Full Verification has multiple benefits including:
- Account verification unlocks fiat wire deposits and withdrawals. Bitfinex supports fiat currencies such as USD/EUR/GBP/JPY/CNH. The minimum deposits and withdrawals is a limit of 10,000 for USD/EUR/GBP, 1,000,000 for JPY and 75,000 for CNH.
- Access to depositing and withdrawing of stable and utility tokens supported on Bitfinex.
- Access to UNUS SED LEO, which entitles holders to fee discounts on other tokens. To understand further on the benefits of LEO, please refer: https://www.bitfinex.com/fees
- As time is a critical component in trading, verified users are granted fewer confirmations when depositing cryptocurrencies.
Verified users are able to request a withdrawal and/or order hold lifted before hold expiry, by contacting our support staff.