Fast Pay is a convenient mobile payment feature available through the Bitfinex Mobile Application.
Important: Currently, the only cryptocurrency supported by Fast Pay is Lightning Network BTC (LN-BTC) and USDt Token (on Tron, Liquid, Solana, and Polygon protocols).
How to access Fast Pay on the Bitfinex Mobile App
1. Firstly, open your Bitfinex Mobile Application.
2. Then, navigate to the Pay tab. Here, you can select to Send, Receive or Scan QR code addresses.
How to receive funds using the Fast Pay feature
1. Click on Receive, then select the currency you want to receive from the slide-up menu.
Note: To Send or Receive Tether tokens, your Bitfinex account must be verified to Basic Plus or above verification level. You can upgrade your verification by selecting the “Upgrade your account” option or by going to your Account page and then selecting Verification.
2. In this section, you can enter the amount to be received and generate an invoice in the form of a QR code.
3. You can complete the process by clicking on Generate Invoice.
4. Once payment has been received, you will receive the notification of the receipt through email.
Note: You can share this address to the payee via the Share Address button.
How to send funds using the Fast Pay feature
1. Click on Send, then select the currency you want to send from the slide-up menu. If you have the address in a QR code format, you can choose to select the Scan option.
2. Then, use the paste icon to paste the address, or choose the Scan function if you are using a QR address.
3. Then, you can pay from the invoice you were given, which will take you to the Instant payment page.
4. At this stage, your Two-Factor Authentication code is required.
5. Once you confirm the payment, it will show as completed.
Note: You can set up to skip 2FA for small payments in the future by clicking on the toggle to skip 2FA on the payment confirmation screen.
Important: There is a daily (24-hour) spending limit of $1000 when using Fast Pay.
How to skip 2FA when using the Fast Pay feature
When making transactions, you will be prompted to enter your Two-Factor Authentication code to confirm movement of funds. You can also skip this step for smaller payments within an amount that you choose.
To skip 2FA for Fast Pay:
1. Go to the Pay tab and select the icon on the top right corner.
2. Here you can choose to enable the Skip 2FA for small payments feature.
3. Customize the amount you would like to set, the cumulative amount spent in 24h within the limit will no longer require you to enter 2FA when confirming transactions.
Note: The amount is shown in USD value and applies for each transaction that you make.
4. Tap on Save and you will be prompted to enter your 2FA to confirm the edits.
Note: For logins via API Key, read and write permissions for Account Info and Orders is needed to make and save edits.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!