Fast Pay is a convenient mobile payment feature available through the Bitfinex Mobile Application.
Important: Currently, the only cryptocurrency supported by Fast Pay is Lightning Network BTC (LN-BTC) and USDt Token (on Tron, Liquid, and Solana protocols).
How to access Fast Pay on the Bitfinex Mobile App
1. Firstly, open your Bitfinex Mobile Application.
2. Then, navigate to the wallet section, where you'll see the Fast Pay option marked as Pay.
3. Proceeding, you can select the currency from the dropdown menu.
Note: Your last picked token will become the default selection the next time you access Fast Pay.
How to receive funds using the Fast Pay feature
1. With the currency already selected, click on Receive.
2. In this section, you can enter the amount to be received and generate an invoice in the form of a QR code.
3. You can complete the process by clicking on Generate Invoice.
4. Once payment has been received, you will receive the notification of the receipt through email.
How to send funds using the Fast Pay feature
1. After accessing the Fast Pay section, choose Scan.
2. Then, you can scan and pay from the invoice you were given, which will take you to the Instant payment page.
3. At this stage, your Two-Factor Authentication code is required.
4. Once you confirm the payment, it will show as completed.
Important: There is a daily (24-hour) spending limit of $1000 when using Fast Pay.
How to skip 2FA when using the Fast Pay feature
When making transactions, you will be prompted to enter your Two-Factor Authentication code to confirm movement of funds. You can also skip this step for smaller payments within an amount that you choose.
To skip 2FA for Fast Pay:
1. Go to Account, select Settings and find Fast Pay.
2. Here you can choose to enable the Skip 2FA for small payments feature.
3. Customize the amount you would like to set, the cumulative amount spent in 24h within the limit will no longer require you to enter 2FA when confirming transactions.
Note: The amount is shown in USD value and applies for each transaction that you make.
3. Tap on Save and you will be prompted to enter your 2FA to confirm the edits.
Note: For logins via API Key, read and write permissions for Account Info and Orders is needed to make and save edits.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!