As a Bitfinex user, you can buy cryptocurrency through different ways, such as simply making an exchange trade with the funds on your account. You can learn more about the process in our Beginner's Guide to Bitfinex. Alternatively, you can buy cryptocurrencies through:
- Payment cards (credit and/or debit cards);
- Instant payment method for Euros through on-ramp services.
How to buy crypto on Bitfinex with a payment card
On Bitfinex, you can purchase cryptocurrencies directly using a payment card such as a credit card or a debit card. Supported payment cards include MasterCard, Visa and UnionPay.
How to buy crypto in Euro with an instant payment method through on-ramp services
On-ramp refers to a service that allows you to offer fiat currency in exchange for cryptocurrency.
Through Bitfinex, you can purchase cryptocurrencies directly using leading European instant payment methods. With on-ramp services, the transaction between your bank account and your wallet is completed instantaneously, and you can use your own online banking application such as:
- Klarna (Sofort);
- Mister Cash;
- MyBank to buy crypto in Euros.
Note: On Bitfinex, using the on-ramp services option is a process that is completed by a third party, happyCOINS.
What crypto can be purchased with a credit/debit card or with the on-ramp services
Important: The available tokens for purchase will depend on the verification level of your Bitfinex account.
- United States Dollar (USD), Pound Sterling (GBP), Euro (EUR), Russian Ruble (RUB)
- Your Bitfinex account will need to be at least Intermediate verified to have OWNR as an option.
- OWNR supports MasterCard, Visa and UnionPay cards.
- United States Dollar (USD), Pound Sterling (GBP), Euro (EUR), Japanese Yen (JPY), Turkish Lira (TRY), Russian Ruble (RUB)
- If you are Basic or Basic Plus verified, then you will only have access to Mercuryo and Simplex which will run their own verification process.
Mercuryo for Basic or Basic Plus verified users will allow you to buy BTC, ETH, ALGO, TRX, and BAT.
- Mercuryo supports MasterCard, Visa and UnionPay cards.
- UnionPay is only available with USD and EUR.
- United States Dollar (USD), Pound Sterling (GBP), Euro (EUR), Japanese Yen (JPY), Turkish Lira (TRY)
- If you are Basic or Basic Plus verified, then you will only have access to Simplex and Mercuryo which will run their own verification process.
Simplex for Basic or Basic Plus verified users will allow you to buy BTC, XAUt, ETH, ALGO and BAT.
Your Bitfinex account will need to be at least Intermediate verified to purchase Tether USDt tokens.
- Simplex only supports MasterCard and Visa cards.
- EUR via other services (such as iDeal, Sofort, Bancontact Mister Cash, GiroPay, MyBank and SEPA, etc.)
Note: To use happyCOINS as an option, you must verify your Bitfinex account to at least an Intermediate level.
How to buy crypto with a debit/credit card or instant payment
3. Select the currency you would like to buy from the drop-down list.
4. Select the destination Bitfinex wallet you would like the funds to be deposited.
5. Agree to the Terms of Service of the third party processor you have chosen, and then you will be redirected to the processor to finalise the payment.
6. Complete the payment, and you will be redirected back to Bitfinex to confirm that the process was successful, and your purchase will be credited to your Bitfinex account.
What are the fees and the transaction limits
As payment card transactions are done through the third parties OWNR, Mercuryo and Simplex, please inquire with the relevant platform about any ensuing fees. Also, inquire with them directly about the maximum and minimum transaction amounts.
Note: The minimum purchase amount through happyCOINS is €50. In addition, the transaction limits on happyCOINS are €2,500/day, €10,000/month and €50,000/year. While Sofort transactions on happyCOINS are limited to € 1,000/day.
Important: Fees will vary depending on banks and countries; please see the happyCOINS website for additional information.
If you have any questions about purchasing cryptocurrencies through Bitfinex, please contact our Bitfinex Support.