As a Bitfinex user, you can buy cryptocurrency through different ways, such as simply making an exchange trade with the funds on your account. You can learn more about the process in our Beginner's Guide to Bitfinex
Alternatively, you can purchase cryptocurrencies directly using a payment card such as a credit card or a debit card. Supported payment cards include MasterCard, Visa and UnionPay.
Note: Using payment cards on Bitfinex is a process that is finalised through third parties: OWNR and Mercuryo.
What crypto can I buy with my credit/debit card?
Important: The available tokens for purchase will depend on the verification level of your Bitfinex account.
Note: Your Bitfinex account will need to be at least intermediate verified to have OWNR as an option.
Note: If you are Basic or Basic Plus verified, then you will only have access to Mercuryo which will run its own verification process before allowing you to buy BTC, ETH, ALG, TRX, and BAT.
How to buy crypto with a debit/credit card?
- Go to Deposits > Payment Cards.
- Select the processor: Mercuryo or OWNR
Note: If you are on the Basic or Basic Plus verified level, you will only have access to Mercuryo.
- Select the currency you would like to buy from the drop-down list.
- Select the destination Bitfinex wallet you would like the funds to be deposited.
- Agree to the Terms of Service of the third party processor you have chosen and then you will be redirected to the processor to finalise the payment.
- Complete the payment and you will be redirected back to Bitfinex to confirm that the process was successful and your purchase will be credited to your Bitfinex account.
What are the fees and the transaction limits?
As payment card transactions are done through the third parties OWNR and Mercuryo, therefore please inquire with the relevant platform about any ensuing fees that may occur.
Also, inquire with them directly about the maximum and minimum transaction amounts.
If you have any questions about purchasing cryptocurrencies through Bitfinex, please contact our Bitfinex Support.