To deposit or withdraw fiat currencies and some stable tokens to and from your Bitfinex account, you will need to go through the verification process.
The verification process for Bitfinex is a standardized compliance measure for anti-money laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), and counter-terrorism financing (CTF) laws and regulations.
A signed declaration confirming the accuracy of the submitted information is required, authorising Bitfinex to complete the verification process. Processing times for verification takes 2-3 working days, depending on the level of public interest.
Please visit the Account Verification page for full details. Once all the sections are submitted, the account verification process will start. Upon successful verification, you will be notified via email.
Note that when you create an account on Bitfinex by linking your email address, your account becomes verified on Basic level. This means that you will be able to deposit and withdraw most listed currencies on Bitfinex, make exchange and margin trades, provide margin funding, and have access to the Bitfinex OTC market.
Further verification is required for users wishing to deposit/withdraw fiat currencies (e.g. USD), for selected utility and stablecoins, (e.g. LEO, Tether USDt tokens), and/or to access advanced trading options.
You can learn more about verification levels and advantages here: https://support.bitfinex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017321633-Verification-Levels-and-Advantages
Verification requirements for individual accounts are as follows (may differ according to different verification levels):
- Complete online form.
- Age: at least 18 years old.*
- Information: telephone number, email address, residential address.
- Identification: two forms of valid government-issued identification with picture; i.e., passport, national ID card, driving license, residency card, employment permit card, etc. If you do not have 2 forms of ID, you can provide one and contact email@example.com to arrange for a Skype call.
You would also be required to submit a selfie confirming your identity.
- Bank Statement: clearly highlighting your name as the account holder (your first deposit to Bitfinex must come from this account), please note this is only required for Full verification.
- Proof of Residential Address: a statement not older than 3 months from a utility, service company, licensed corporation or government authority clearly indicating your name and residential address.
To get verified:
- Navigate to the Verification section, which can be found under Account in the top right corner of your Bitfinex platform.
- On the top panel, you can choose your account type "Individual" or "Corporate" - in this case, we will select "Individual"
- You will see four levels of verification, the default is "Basic", then “Basic Plus”. "Intermediate" and "Full"
- Click on "Start Verification" to begin the process
As per our Terms of Service, we reserve the right to ask for KYC information at any point in time if your account activity raises flags.