To deposit or withdraw fiat currencies to or from your Bitfinex account, you will need to go through the verification process.
The verification process for Bitfinex is a standardized compliance measure for anti-money laundering (AML), know your customer (KYC), and counter-terrorism financing (CTF) laws and regulations.
The process consists of completing an online questionnaire and submitting supporting documentation. A signed declaration confirming the accuracy of the submitted information is required, authorising Bitfinex to complete the verification process.
Processing times for verification can take up to 1-2 weeks, depending on the level of public interest.
Please visit the Account Verification page for full details. Once all the sections are submitted, the account verification process will start. Upon successful verification, you will be notified via email.
Keep in mind that you do not need to be verified to start trading - Verification is only required for users wishing to deposit/withdraw fiat currencies (e.g. USD), for selected utility and stable coins, (e.g. LEO, OKB, USDK), and/or for users who wish to speed up the deposit process. Users wishing to deposit/trade/withdraw most cryptocurrencies are not required to have their accounts verified.
To get verified:
- Navigate to the Verification section, which can be found under Account in the top right corner of your Bitfinex platform.
- Read the terms and click Begin Verification once ready.
- Choose Account Type - In this case, Individual Account.
- Pick your Country of Residence.
- Check all the reasons for which you are seeking account verification.
Verification requirements for individual accounts are as follows:
- Complete online form.
- Age: at least 18 years old.
- Information: telephone number, email address, residential address.
- Identification: two forms of valid government issued identification with picture; i.e., passport, national ID card, driving license, residency card, employment permit card, etc. If you do not have 2 forms of ID, you can provide one and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a Skype call.
- Bank Statement: clearly highlighting your name as the account holder (your first deposit to Bitfinex must come from this account).
- Proof of Address: a statement not older than 3 months from a utility, service company, licensed corporation or government authority clearly indicating your name and residential address.
As per our Terms of Service, we reserve the right to ask for KYC information at any point in time if your account activity raises flags.