To deposit or withdraw fiat currencies and some stable tokens to and from your Bitfinex account, you will need to go through the verification process.
The verification process for Bitfinex is a standardized compliance measure for anti-money laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), and counter-terrorism financing (CTF) laws and regulations.
A signed declaration confirming the accuracy of the submitted information is required, authorising Bitfinex to complete the verification process. Processing times for verification currently takes 2-3 working days, depending on the level of public interest.
Please visit the Account Verification page for full details. Once all the sections are submitted, the account verification process will start. Upon successful verification, you will be notified via email.
Keep in mind that you do not need to be verified to start trading - Verification is only required for users wishing to deposit/withdraw fiat currencies (e.g. USD), for selected utility and stable coins, (e.g. LEO, OKB, USDK), and/or for users who wish to speed up the deposit process. Users wishing to deposit/trade/withdraw most cryptocurrencies are not required to have their accounts verified.
You can learn more about verification levels and advantages here: https://support.bitfinex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017321633-Verification-Levels-and-Advantages
Verification requirements for individual accounts are as follows (may differ according to different verification levels):
- Complete online form.
- Age: at least 21 years old.*
- Information: telephone number, email address, residential address.
- Identification: two forms of valid government-issued identification with picture; i.e., passport, national ID card, driving license, residency card, employment permit card, etc. If you do not have 2 forms of ID, you can provide one and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a Skype call.
You would also be required to submit a selfie confirming your identity.
- Bank Statement: clearly highlighting your name as the account holder (your first deposit to Bitfinex must come from this account), please note this is only required for Full verification.
- Proof of Residential Address: a statement not older than 3 months from a utility, service company, licensed corporation or government authority clearly indicating your name and residential address.
*if you are between the age of 18-21 years old, with the written permission of your parent/guardian and relevant documents, you are able to trade on Bitfinex. Learn more about this by contacting our customer support.
To get verified:
- Navigate to the Verification section, which can be found under Account in the top right corner of your Bitfinex platform.
- Read the terms and click Begin Verification once ready.
- Pick your Country of Residence.
- Check all the reasons for which you are seeking account verification.
- Check the notifications after reading.
- Choose Account Type - In this case, Individual Account.
You can view our guideline video below for details:
As per our Terms of Service, we reserve the right to ask for KYC information at any point in time if your account activity raises flags.