A Bank Wire Deposit is the transfer of funds from a bank account registered in your name to your Bitfinex account through wire transfer.
Note: Bitfinex supports fiat currency deposits of US Dollar (USD), Euro (EUR), Pound sterling (GBP), Japanese Yen (JPY) and Chinese Yuan (CNH).
Important: If you intend to conduct your Euro wire transfer using the third-party service provider OpenPayd, please see the knowledgebase article for additional information.
How to make a fiat deposit to my Bitfinex account
1. To begin, make sure that your account is at a Full Verification level.
If you are not yet verified at the right level, you can begin or upgrade your verification here.
2. Now, go to the Wallet page and select Deposits from the left side of the menu bar.
3. Then select Bank transfer.
4. You are then guided to enter details about the deposit you are making, including the Currency, the Wallet you want to deposit fiat to, the Deposit Amount and the Bank Country.
5. Click on Continue and you will receive confirmation that a deposit request has now been created. Further details will then be provided to you in an email sent to your Bitfinex linked email address.
Note: If you deposit a different currency than the one you specified in your deposit request, the bank will automatically convert it to the currency of the wire details you had input initially.
Bitfinex will not be responsible for the exchange rate conversion applied and will credit the amount provided by the bank after conversion.
6. After submitting the deposit request successfully, it will be reviewed within 48 hours. After your application has been processed, you will receive an email with information such as the bank account details to which you should submit your deposit.
7. Congratulations!You can now deposit funds through the bank wire information provided to you.
Note: The fee for creating a fiat deposit is 0.1%, with a minimum of 60 USD/EUR charged. For more information, please visit our Fees page.
This fee will be directly deducted from the final amount credited to your account, and you can view the details on your Report page under Movements.
Bank Wire Deposit — Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
— What are the minimum fiat deposits at Bitfinex
- 10,000 for USD/EUR/GBP;
- 1,000,000 for JPY;
- 75,000 for CNH.
Note: When using the third-party service provider OpenPayd for your Euro/Pound Sterling transfers, there is no minimum or maximum deposit amount. There is, however, a €25/£25 minimum withdrawal amount with a transfer fee of €0.50/£0.50 per transaction for withdrawals of 10,000 EUR/GBP or less.
Important: For withdrawals of more than 10,000 EUR/GBP via OpenPayd, a fee of 0.1% the amount of your withdrawal is charged.
—When will my fiat deposit arrive in my Bitfinex account?
The processing time on wire deposits depends on how fast your local bank is able to wire funds to our bank. In our experience, five business days are common to process international wires. Bitfinex credits deposits on the same day the funds reach our bank.
— It has been too long; why are the funds not in my account yet?
A delay may happen because of processing at an intermediary bank, or the bank you requested the transaction through has not sent the payment yet.
If a delay in the deposit has occurred, contact Bitfinex Support and provide:
- Deposit ID;
- A copy of the SWIFT MT103 message was provided by the local bank that executed the transfer.
Note: If your bank is unable to provide the SWIFT MT103 message, please ask for Proof of Payment.
If you have any questions about your bank wire deposit, please contact Bitfinex Support for further assistance.