This video is a step-by-step guide to securing your Bitfinex trading account, covering the basic security recommendations which we advise for all our users to follow.
It is very important (!) for you to write down & safely store your 2FA account key & withdrawal confirmation phrase, which will help you access your account should you e.g. lose your phone.
We recommend for you to do the following to ensure your funds are kept safe -
• Enable two-factor authentication.
• Lock withdrawals when a new IP address is used.
• Setup a withdrawal confirmation phrase.
• Lock or disable withdrawal addresses for all currencies.
• Disable "Keep Session Alive".
• Limit access to your account based on IP address.
• Enable PGP email encryption.
All changes must be confirmed through email before they are implemented!
PGP email encryption & IP address whitelisting are advanced security features and we cannot stress the importance of not enabling these features unless you are 100% certain of what you are doing and what they mean. Please read the support articles below for more information regarding these features.