Bitfinex is a state-of-the-art digital asset trading platform for traders and global liquidity providers. The process of opening a Bitfinex account is simple and will take a few minutes.
Important: Before you open a Bitfinex account, check our Terms of Service to see if you are qualified based on your country of residence and nationality.
How to sign up on Bitfinex
1. Firstly, access the Bitfinex platform login page and press the Sign Up button in the top right corner or at the centre of the page.
Important: Since there are fraudulent sites, double-check that you're on the official Bitfinex website: https://www.bitfinex.com/.
2. Then, on the Bitfinex sign-up page, enter a username, an email address and a password that you would link to your account. Choose your country of residence from the dropdown, and add a referral code (if you have one). After that, click Sign up.
Note: The email address cannot be a previously used email on the Bitfinex platform.
Important: If you have a referral code, enter it before signing up because you won’t be able to use it afterwards.
3. At this step, you must enable a Google Two-Factor Authenticator to protect the security of your account.
When you click Continue, you will be forwarded to the page to configure the 2FA.
Important: If you log out of this process at this stage, even though your account will be created, you will not be able to access any Bitfinex features until you have completed setting up the Two-Factor Authentication. To complete this step, you can visit How to set up a 2FA at Bitfinex.
4. Then, head to the email you have linked to your Bitfinex account to confirm the email address.
Note: Use the same internet browser to validate the email address to create your account.
5. You did a great job! Now, you should see the notice below when you return to your sign-up page. After that, click Login to get started with your new account.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Bitfinex Support. We are happy to help!