The Bitfinex Reporting Application* is an application tool that allows you access to more reporting sections than the online Bitfinex Reports page. Features include showing average win/loss graphs, account volume graphs, account snapshots and tax reports, among others.
Of these features, the most commonly used feature is generating tax reports. You only need to select the required dates, and the Bitfinex platform will take care of the rest!
*The Reporting Application has been developed using Electron.
How to set up the Reporting App
1. Download the application version for your operating system here.
2. Once you have downloaded and started the application, you will be requested to input your API key. Learn more about API key creation in our guide How to create and revoke a Bitfinex API Key.
Note: The Reporting Application will only require read permissions. For the safety of your account, we do not recommend making writing permissions available for the API key that is needed.
3. After entering the API key and API secret, you will be logged in, and the cloud synchronisation will begin, connecting your account information to the application. When synced, you can then select the reporting feature you need and choose the relevant timeframe.
How to create a tax report
1. Firstly, select Tax Report from the list of features available in the Reporting Application.
2. Select the start and end of the period from the calendar icon at the top. The app will then create a snapshot both at the start and the end of the time frame selected.
3. The report will be displayed in the Final Result tab.
4. You can choose to download your tax report in CSV format by selecting the Export button.
For information about the other features available in the Bitfinex Reporting Application, feel free to check our dedicated page: https://reporting.bitfinex.com/.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Bitfinex Support.