The Bitfinex mobile app adapts the full functionality of the Bitfinex platform for a seamless ‘on-the-go’ trading. Visit our Mobile App page for more details and for the download links.
If you already have a Bitfinex account and want to login on your mobile, please view the guidelines on API Key Setup & Login.
To Create an Account:
- Open the Bitfinex app and find the “Sign Up” button on the top right-hand side:
- Create your account by entering the required information: Username, Email, Password and checking the security consent box. You can also select your timezone to better see the information in your time.
Note that passwords must be at least 8 characters long with one uppercase letter, one number and one special character.
- You will then be directed to create and confirm a PIN code for your mobile app that will be requested when you open the app, you will also be able to enable Face ID or Touch ID if your phone allows.
- As a mandatory security measure, all Bitfinex accounts will require Two-Factor Authentication in order to access the trading features. You will be directed to the Two-Factor Authentication setup page.
Here you can choose to directly “Open 2FA App” which will prompt for your consent to open the Google Authenticator app if installed on your phone. Once opened, the new token will be directly added in.
Alternatively, you can also select “View QR and Secret code” if you wish to save this information as it will not be shown again after enabling it.
- You can then copy and paste the code in the “Input Code” section or as seen in the screenshot below:
- The last step is to confirm via email, you will be notified to check your inbox and confirm the setting up of your account.
- Once your email has been confirmed, you will need to accept the Bitfinex Terms of Service in order to proceed to the trading page.
Note that the default permissions of this account enables all reading and writing permissions, we advise that you review the necessary ones you need and edit according to your needs. For security reasons, you will need to go to the Bitfinex website version in order to change API key permissions.