A Mobile Application (also called a Mobile App) is a type of application designed to run on a mobile device, which can be a smartphone or tablet computer.
The Bitfinex mobile app adapts the full functionality of the Bitfinex platform for seamless on-the-go trading. Visit our Mobile App page to download it and learn more details.
Note: If you already have a Bitfinex account and want to log in, please view API Key Setup & Login guidelines.
How to create an account in Bitfinex Mobile App
1. First of all, open the Bitfinex mobile app and find the Sign-Up button on the top right-hand side.
2. Then, create an account by entering the required information: Username, Email, Password, and check the security consent box. For your convenience, you can select a suitable time zone.
Note: A strong password must be at least eight characters long, containing at least one uppercase letter, one number and one special character.
3. Good job! Now, you will need to create and confirm a PIN code for your mobile app that will be requested each time you open the app.
Note: If your phone allows, you will also be able to enable Face ID or Touch ID.
4. After that, you will be directed to the Two-Factor Authentication setup page.
Here, you can choose:
- Open 2FA App (It will prompt for your consent to open the Google Authenticator app if installed on your phone. Once opened, the new token will be directly added in.)
- View QR and Secret code (If you wish to save this information as it will not be shown again after enabling it.)
5. Here, you can copy the code and paste it in the Input Code section or enter your Google Authenticator 2FA token as seen in the screenshot below.
6. Almost finished! The last step is email confirmation. Check your inbox and confirm the setting up of your account.
Once your email is confirmed, accept the Bitfinex Terms of Service in order to proceed to the trading page and you’re all done. Congratulations!
Important: The default permissions of this account enables all reading and writing permissions. We advise that you review them and edit them according to your needs.
You can change the permissions directly within the Bitfinex Mobile App. For security reasons, your 2FA will be required.
If you have any questions on how to sign up using Bitfinex mobile app, please feel free to contact Bitfinex Support.