Making a Deposit
You can fund your Bitfinex account by depositing tokens from your external wallet or a third party exchange. To do this -
- Go to www.bitfinex.com/deposit.
- Select the token which you’d like to deposit to your Bitfinex account. For a list of available tokens, see here.
- Select one of the 3 available wallet addresses -
Exchange Wallet is used for buying & selling supported tokens.
Margin Wallet is used when trading on margin.
Funding Wallet is used when providing financing for other margin traders.
The most common type of wallet is the exchange wallet, which is used when buying and selling any of our supported digital currencies. It is simple and free to move funds between the three wallets, so do not worry if you are unsure about the correct choice.
- Copy the deposit address for the wallet of your choice. Choose Copy to Clipboard when copying the address to ensure the address is copied correctly.
- Open the external wallet from which you wish to access your funds and send the funds (e.g. using MyEtherWallet) and paste your Bitfinex deposit address into the application as the transfer destination.
For many tokens, you can use a single deposit address. In case you need to generate a new one you can use the Change Address button to generate a new deposit address, and the old ones will still remain valid.
Note: Deposit addresses created before the 10th of August 2016 have been invalidated.
ERC20 tokens are credited after a minimum of 20 confirmations (about 5+ minutes). Please keep in mind that deposit times can fluctuate hugely based on network congestion, and the gas price used to send the deposit.
Bitfinex does not support every single token, and transferring some tokens will result in a loss of your funds. For an overview of supported currencies, please see www.bitfinex.com/deposit.
Please ensure your deposit is being made on the correct chain, for example, some tokens run on a mainnet as well as ERC20. Deposits made on the incorrect chain are unrecoverable. Please contact support for any questions or doubts.